Built in wifi problem

I have the slim xbox with BUILT IN wi-fi, but i keep getting disconnected from Live with a message saying i need to connect a wi-fi adapter. This is happening every 10-30 minutes. NO its not my router or my ISP

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

the signal is too weak i think. Can you try with an Ethernet cable ?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i've been having the same problem for the last 12 months. After numerous attempts at getting Xbox support to help me figure it out, I was eventually told by one of the 'support' people "your best bet is to buy an ethernet cable" - 2 problems i have: 1) if i need an ethernet cable, what was the point in me paying extra to get a console with built in Wi-Fi?...................... 2) after purchasing the ethernet cable i am STILL getting disconnected all the time. I've tried different cables/locations etc. NOTHING WORKS !! to me it's a faulty unit, but of course Microsoft won't admit to that !! (and as it's now gone past the warranty deadline, i suppose they don't need to)

(sorry for the 'rant' just sounds like it's not just mine, and I've gave up all hope of getting my problem resolved :-(

GOOD LUCK

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.