Buddy of mine is recieving spam insults due to a twitter request to all of his followers, is this against Xbox's COC?

A guy I know in which I play a lot of live with ran into another player who was trolling the lobby in a game of MW3. After which my friend started receiving messages from random players he has never interacted with in which the messages where all insults. Puzzled by this, we took to the interweb to see if Googling either my buddy's Gamertag or this trolls would bring up something. AS it so happens the troll has his very own Youtube channel. Upon looking into it I found his twitter account with a recent tweet saying to spam my buddy with messages. So I can provide screen shot of this page through email or message if a mod is interested, however I'm curious as to how this stacks up to the Code of Conduct from Xbox

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

He can block it out with the privacy settings to only receive messages from friends only.

Sweet, I'll relay the info. Thank you for that.

yeah but he shouldnt have to do that.  what if someone that is actually a good gamer wanted to message him and he/she couldnt?  contact microsoft about this, the actions being taken against you should not only get the spammers accounts banned it might also constitute cyber bullying and that is a crime in most states.

If he is receiving the messages on his Twitter account, there's nothing xbox can do about it.  He will need to either create a new twitter account or take it up with the Twitter webmasters.

What's keeping your "friend" from posting his own problems here on the forums?

[quote user="XBL Prophet"]

What's keeping your "friend" from posting his own problems here on the forums?

[/quote]Do you have to be condescending in every post you do?  If I were to guess, he's probably not wanting to ask due to the not so nice responses that some people tend to post.

You can also block each person who sends these messages by going to their profile from the message and block communications. He could go this route instead of blocking everyone but friends it's all up to him.

[quote user="ITz V1c1ousMike"]

Yeah but he shouldnt have to do that.  what if someone that is actually a good gamer wanted to message him and he/she couldnt?.[/quote]

I agree, they should have to do it, but this is the Internet we are talking about here.  It's a good thing Xbox LIVE has these extra privacy settings as it can stop these people in their tracks.  They would probably only have to leave the privacy settings to Friends Only for a few weeks.  Once the spammer realises that they can't send messages to this account anymore, they'll give up.  Then the user can change the privacy setting back to 'Everyone' once again.