Broken Xbox One, So long

Greetings, I'm posting here because I cannot get anyone else at xbox one support to listen to me.  I already have a service ticket open ref # [ Removed]  so that describes the hardware problem.  But the real problem is that today I've finally decided to part ways Xbox.  On the phone I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the $500 piece of equipment and I was simple told "Then sell it on ebay."  That remark made me cancel my 10+ year subscription with xbox live.  

I was very surprised when I said I want my 10+ year account cancelled because I was met with no resistance, no "I'm terribly sorry" or "how can we keep you as a customer?"  I was simply told okay, placed on hold and the account was cancelled.  I guess this is a valid response since that's exactly what I asked for and it seems I had a very self-infalted view of my importance of being a long term "valued" customer.   Perhaps it is a very trite thing but I felt two inches tall after that conversation, it was a wounding experience. 

I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Xbox games, and have always been a major supporter. I've had so many wonderful memories with Xbox, so many sleepless nights and just as many failed school tests/missed papers.  No matter what Xbox was there for me, no matter how bad my day was I always had Xbox to look forward to. So canceling my subscription has simply made me sad.  I'm not mentioning this out of spite or to receive some sort of handout I just wanted to pass across my experience so that (hopefully) someone of importance can read this and take the proper steps so this never ever happens again.  To be clear I'm a customer lost that can never be regained. 

The problems with my xbox one are countless but here a a few.  First the Kinect, a shoddy piece of equipment I really didn't even want (which I've had to replace twice).  I was excited to show off "the future" to friends and family but always ended up having egg on my face.  An extra $100 I rather would of spent on games.  Second the console itself was constantly needing to be reset, software was constantly crashing, not responding and other issues (which you are already aware of).  I never went a full day without a hard system reset.  Xbox live seemed to crash on a regular basis as well, obviously a must to play and even chat with my friends making the system pretty useless.  On top of that the party system is my worst nightmare.  It never functioned properly for me or my friends, even with the newest updates.   In a nutshell every time I turned on my xbox I was looking forward to a fun relaxing experience like I've had so much of in the past but always ended up shutting off the console because it was just too much of a hassle.  Most of my friends have sold their consoles, at a loss mind you, just to not deal with it anymore.  And this is where I am now.  I will be selling my xbox one, losing my digital game library  also selling the system at a loss simple because it's not worth the hassle anymore.  I hope this is a giant red flag to anyone of importance within the xbox hierarchy.    

To wrap up I just want to say thank you,  you've lost a customer today but I'll always remember my time with Xbox as a positive one.  Thank you for all the memories, all the epic moments, stories that gave me goosebumps that also made me cry.  Thank you for all that.  I'm sad to be leaving but it's proven to me that it's time to move on.  Please take these lessons and apply them to future endeavors so the new generation of gamers can experience what I have.  

Thanks Again.

Sincerely, 

the one and only CEOWAYNEENTPRSE

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry you feel this way, I would however mention the Xbox one is only 5 months old and these bugs are expected. Just hang in there it will get better going forward :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

See but that kind of attitude towards the tech is what causes these problems. do I expect bugs? of course I do. Do I expect the $500 piece of hardware to break on a consistent basis to the point where it's unusable? No, that's unacceptable.  By allowing something to be subpar will only continually allow more  products to break. Writing it off doesn't solve the overall problem or more importantly the policy on the problem.

But the main problem of my point wasn't so much the bugs (I mentioned those for reference if anyone was listening) but for when I raised my frustrations, in a calm, reasoned  way over the phone  it is unacceptable to just tell the consumer well sell it then.  Especially one who has been with the program for 10+ years, had many many red rings of death and even accepted the "well it's buggy"  school of thought back in the day.    You'd think with how hard Sonys giving to them they would  at least want to inquire with me further.  Every consumer seems to count these days.  

I could easily be all alone in what I expect as standard for a $500 machine (from what I see with my friends and online I highly doubt that's the case). I see what you are saying but hope to God you eventually raise your expectations. As for me "going forward" is exactly what I've done.

I apologize for my long windedness and my "rage" at the subject, it is a passionate subject/pastime of mine and I believe Xbox has forgotten about people like me.

Thanks for the reply and reading.

Sorry this didn't help.

My suggestion try calling back and reporting that person or send a private message to a forum support see if they can help you. Dont give up because someone else was having a bad day, keep trying to get a fix for issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes you should call back, speak to a supervisor and make a complaint about the person who told you to sell it on ebay.

That is not good service and I can perfectly understand why you are annoyed. If I was spoken to like that I would probably feel the same way as you.

But you said you have invested lots of time and money in your xbox so would be a shame to throw it all away.

All customer support lines for any company can have bad staff who drive customers away but unless you complain about them nothing will ever get done about them.

Sorry this didn't help.