Broken thumbsticks - Customer Service

I am from Toronto, ON. Both my Day One controller and the play and charge controller I bought from EB Games at launch have broken left thumb sticks. This is disappointing on many levels on it's own. My mono headset also had issues with a mushy faulty mute button. I sent the day one controller and headset it and paid out of pocket for shipping. A couple days after they received the package they cancelled the controller repair order without contacting me. They mailed me back another broken headset. Brutal. When I contacted them to find out where my controller went, the customer service rep kept me on the phone for 2 hours questioning me like a criminal, and accused me of never sending in the controller. I sent them proof that it had arrived with tracking number, package weight and everything. He 'escalated' my cases. Whatever that means. I was promised a customer advocacy rep would contact me with FOUR business days. This was three WEEKS ago. I have contacted them multiple times since only to have them make give them ALL my info again about the cases, as if they never wrote it down. Each time I talk to them they question me about the case again and tell me that a customer advocacy rep will contact me right away. Weeks have gone by. Xbox twitter support tweeted back and forth with me yesterday to make it look like they were helping, and ultimately told me to wait another 72 hours before they would help. What does that even mean? Why 72 hours from now? It had been WEEKS. Why is Microsoft treating loyal customers this way? This is the worst I have been treated by ANY company in my entire life. I am utterly disgusted by the customer service, and low quality hardware I have been sold. I can't even enjoy games in the mean time due to the fact my other controller is also broken. The worst. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

bump ...same here broken left thumb stick .... I feel like I was ripped off

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also here. i was playing wen suddenly my left thumb stick broke. very disapointing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it.  However, as this thread is well over a year old I'd like to ask that you create a new one detailing your issue for further assistance.  Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.