Broken Parent Account?

Alright, so I'm a bit angry at the moment. I'm sure I made this parent account when I was like eleven or whatever when I first got my account because It's got my name as the email. (My mom's email was used in creating my actual account.) But the parent account NEVER showed up for anything until last week. It was showing up on this website (still is) and now that Xbox Live updated I can't log into my account without it. Now, my problem is, seeing as how the parent account was never required, I forgot the password. "Oh just go recover it on the email used on the parent account" Nope. Won't work. The account was set up with an AT&T internet service that we had when I was little. So, it asks me for the account number off stubs and stuff so that I can recover the password for that email. I would ask my Mom for this, but she passed last year and we threw away all of her boxes full of bills and stuff. So, I have absolutely no way to get into my account on my actual Xbox at the moment.

If a Microsoft admin or anyone that has the power to, can help me to recover the parent account, or even better just let me create a new parent account that I'll actually remember (since I'm still a minor) I'd love you forever.

-Tyler

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Babazoomba! Can you clarify what you are trying to use the parent WLID/password for that would help me out. In any event, if your parent cannot remember the WLID or password, have them check out this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../153168.aspx) for suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you read my initial post clearly, my mother actually passed and i can, in no way, recover the account. And trust me, I don't mean to do anything bad with the parent thing, I can't even sign into xbox live period! I turn on my xbox and try to connect and can't get in without a parent password (which is completely unusable.)

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies for not catching that part, I'm very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately if you no longer have access to the parent account there is no way to change any family connections through it. The only other options would be to wait until your child account reaches 18 years old and then promote it or simply create a new profile. Again, I'm terribly sorry. Let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, guess I'll just make a new account. Is there any possible way to transfer friends lists/ my membership I have left over/ microsoft points left over at least, since I have to make a new account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi , If this involves accepting the new Xbox live Terms and Conditions, accpet it via Xbox.com, worked for many, hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem here and cannot get passed new T and Cs at all, Xbox or Xbox.com, really need help as use Xbox for Netflix a lot and it is really frustrating that I cannot get on my Xbox Live Account coz I can't get into the parent account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Shad0wT3chGuy, using forums for support works a LOT better when you post your own new message instead of piggybacking on the problems of others. Your problem, and your solution, could be very different, so it deserves its own thread to assure you get your solution as quickly as possible.

Sorry this didn't help.

Babazooba Bro, let's try a different route. Go to http://account.live.com/acsr and go through that process. That will send you a case number whether you succeed or not. With that and the Console ID, Xbox Support may be able to get the password reset even though the email behind the Microsoft Account (formerly known as Windows Live ID) is broken.

Sorry this didn't help.