broken gamertag and connecting to xbox live

when i joined i changed my gamertag to LoDyar239 but it is still telling me that the one xbox gave me at the start is my gamertag how can i fix this.Also my xbox has troubles connecting to xbox live i try to connect 3 or 4 times and it tells me i cant connect then after it tells me i can surely it should connect the first time

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello Elk,

Sorry to hear about the GT troubles. Let's see if we can get this working for you. 

Hmm.. When I go to look up your "elk" account, it is coming back as not existing, and when I look up the "LoDyar" account, it is showing blank. As it stands, there isn't much I will be able to do if I cannot find your account. I would suggest giving Phone Support a call, as they will be able to dive deeper into your account and figure out what is going down. 

As for not being able to connect, are you getting any error codes/messages? I would suggest Testing your Xbox Live connection, and letting us know what you find. Once we get you online, we will also be able to further troubleshoot the GT problem. 

Let us know, and we can work from there.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.