broken dvd drive

i have a old xbox 360 with a broken dvd drive (it fell while the drive tray was open and it snapped in half and broke the laser asembly )

so my question is is it safe too just remove the dvd drive completely from inside and still use the console to play on demand games downloaded from the marketplace i want too remove it so that it will be lighter as it will be used only for traveling situations (i have another for in home use) it wont be played in any live gold multiplayer as it only has a silver account on it and i have kids that play on my live account at home so i wont be transfering my gamertag

should i be concerned with the games i buy and download too it being removed because the drive isnt there anymore or will i be safe since i wont be accessing any live gold accounts on it

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

Hi there,

the problem is, when you remove the dvd drive, that is considered tampering of the console, and since that isn't allowed that could result in a console ban, which would deny access to xbox live, so no more games etc can be downloaded

That no gold accounts are used doesn't matter, the console is connected to xbox live, so it may not be tampered with.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk.

-

If you want to get it fixed, you can request a repair at http://myservice.xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.