Broken DLC

Yesterday, i got the new Gears xbox, i transfered everything over, i have 2 xbox live accs on my xbox, Mine and my Best mates, he has brought DLC's on his and i have on mine. We used to be able to play each others DLC'S  because we were on the same xbox, but now if i want to play his DLC's i have to change accounts, WTF Happened.!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Licensing happened.

When you buy DLC it belongs to two things, the account with bought it and the console it was first downloaded to. It is that latter console license that lets other accounts on a console use the DLC.

If you and your friend want to be able to share DLC on your console again you are going to have to do a license transfer. However be warned on any other console you will need to be connected to Live to access the DLC.

You can either follow the instructions here http://www.xbox.com/drm or you can do the process on the console alone.

Sign in with the account which bought the content on your new 360, go to the MY Xbox channel and press A on the second square (the one with your Avatar).

On this new screen move once to the right and on this panel choose Manage Account.

Now scroll to the bottom and pick License Transfer. In a couple of button presses the licenses will now belong to your new console.

However now you need to refresh those licenses by setting the content to download again, you'll find your Download History on the same panel as the License Transfer.

Simply set that content to download again, don't worry about download time since if the content in already on your hard drive all that will eb grabbed will be the new license files.

Once all that is done you will hopefully find that the other account can once again use your content. Then repeat the process with your friend's account if he is willing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.