Broken Controllers

I've had a very bad start with xbox one controllers. My day one edition controller had analog sticks that would pop out of place when pushed forwards or back which i took back to the store to be replaced but i could only get a normal edition one. I left the store and tried out the new controller which had the same issue so they replaced it again and this one felt alright. After a few hours of use the analog sticks have started to pop up out of place again slightly. So after losing my day one edition controller and ending up with a 3rd bad controller I'm at a loss on what to do. I don't want to have to go back to the store again because I'm sure it's a bad batch of controllers they have. I'm aware i can send it to microsoft to get replaced but that would leave me with no controller for several days to play what otherwise is a great console. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

Hey Darkness4518,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I feel for ya about the controller issues. I am glad that you are going through the motions to order a replacement.

Please let us know if there are any questions we can help with here with a post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a day one controller with no rumble. I've been issued a service request. After that it goes downhill. So the turnaround time is two weeks meaning that I'm basically being forced to go out and get another controller. Then on top of that I'm supposed to pay for shipping of the broken one out of pocket?! That's absolutely ridiculous. What should have happened is a new one shipped immediately with a return label but no. The absolute bare minimum should be a shipping label and I can't even seem to get that out of support. Hopefully someone here can actually do something about it before I have to start tweeting Major Nelson and emailing executives.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's a reason they won't ship one at their charge, because you can just go to the store to replace the whole system.  Problem is that means waiting even longer which is why no one wants to take this route.  So for a quick fix, it means paying out of pocket.  Longer fix would mean no shipping charges.  Unfortunate, but not limited to just Microsoft.

Darkness, I'd return the fault one you have and just try getting a new one from a different store.  Or take your changes one more time.

Sorry this didn't help.

No I can't "just go to Amazon". On top of that perhaps you missed the part where it's a day one controller which a retailer won't be able to replace. None of that changes the fact that it's terrible customer service and needs to be resolved. But thanks for the snarky "answer".

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly there are not many options available to you, I've encountered a similar problem but i have sent it back to MS for a repair/replacement.

unless you can afford another controller you may have to halt gaming temporarily until its fixed.  (although i agree this shouldn't be the case with a  new system) but that's what we get for buying version one of something.

Hope you get it sorted soon bud.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox knows they put crap on the shelves. They pirrana.  Last xbox i get. Gonma try to just return it and get the ps4. They tested it. They kknow. They still put it on shelves. And on top dont do right by the customer.  Because they dont carw. Theu laughed about it i bet.  Someone got a monster commision check or checks from doimg this to people..  U pieces of crap. I hate u

Sorry this didn't help.

It really sucks after reading other peoples that even a better comtroller wont work.  U f.n a holes. Were just marks.  Go ahead and delete this. I bet there. Were more like mine.   U bought ur kids xmas present from stolen money ur thives.  I fel bad for ur kids. Ur bernie madolfs. Exept ur not stealing from the rich

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DiscoD2121!

If you would like to continuing troubleshooting a support related issue, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.