Broken console and warranty expired

My console has worked for over two years and I've never had a problem before. Yesterday, however, I tried to boot up my console and it didn't work. Most of the time when I booted up the Xbox, the system didn't even start. Sometimes it did start and gave me an error message that told me I needed to contact Customer Support.

I searched xbox.com, registered my product and found out my warranty had expired. I am thinking about opening the console myself, but since there is a warranty seal on the back, I don't really want to.

Is it safe to open the case and break the seal, since I don't have any warranty anyway? Or does this seal still make sense, even though my warranty has already expired?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance,

Christian.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi, the console is yours to do with what you like. However you could electrocute yourself or even make the issue worse. Once the warranty seal is broken Microsoft won't touch it with regards to a repair. In my opinion you are best either arranging a repair through the service centre website, or buying a new console.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.