Bring Back KOTOR

With the new STOR releasing in December I was wondering if I am alone in my deep desire to have KOTOR come back a DL on XBL? It was a great game and it was the only reason I got an original Xbox. And if anyone who works in Microsoft happens to read this please send it up the chain to who ever can make it happen, I'd really like to give old classic great games another play so the power is in your hands. And if any other fans agree let your voice be heard!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[quote user="AFlockOfBunnies"]

It would be pretty awesome to have a whole new generation of gamers discover how fantastic that game was.

[/quote]

I wonder, actually.  The game was released in 2003 and I can honestly say that the average gamer tends to have a shorter attention span these days.  If Mass Effect is any indication, it might not do as well simply because it's not "actioned up" enough.

That, and the free Yavin Conent pack would now sell for 800 Microsoft Points, and no one would have an issue with that.

[/quote]

Sadly, you have excellent points.  (Not sadly because you have excellent points, but the issues you've raised)

If it were to come to fruition, the majority of sales would be from older gamers waxing nostalgic about quality and complete games we don't seem to be receiving anymore.  And maybe a small portion of the gaming community that missed out first time around on KOTOR and want to see what the fuss is about.  

I seem to fall into the minority in thinking ME was significantly much more enjoyable that ME2.  Don't get me wrong, ME2 was a decent game.  I just don't have the same adoration I do with the sequel, as I do with the original game.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Yet another great game to add to the growing wish list of many XBOX gamers for retro compatibility, maybe an MVP can bring this to someone's attention on his contact list, these games NEED to be 360 compatible, how big exactly is an emulation update?  512kB?  I know it's not very much, takes 1-2 sec to download usually, get on it!!!...:-)

[/quote]

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is already on the list of backward compatible titles.  Also it's not the size of additional updates that's the issue but, as we've discussed before, the emulation.  I know you don't believe me, but it's true.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="AFlockOfBunnies"]

It would be pretty awesome to have a whole new generation of gamers discover how fantastic that game was.

[/quote]

I wonder, actually.  The game was released in 2003 and I can honestly say that the average gamer tends to have a shorter attention span these days.  If Mass Effect is any indication, it might not do as well simply because it's not "actioned up" enough.

That, and the free Yavin Conent pack would now sell for 800 Microsoft Points, and no one would have an issue with that.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

It would be more up to LucasArts as the publisher and not Microsoft.  While it's not available on Games on Demand, you can buy it for the PC via Steam here.  The PC version also has Trandotions included throughout the whole game and the Yavin Station content by default, something no longer available via the Xbox/Xbox 360 unless you had it downloaded previously.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

Agreed, I also wish we were getting a traditional single player RPG as opposed to an MMO.  Great single player games are fewer and far between, sadly.

[/quote]There are still some great single player experiences out there, but I agree, they are few and far between.  The focus seems to be tacked on sub-standard MP these days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes! Me, and my brother love KOTOR. They need to bring this back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yet another great game to add to the growing wish list of many XBOX gamers for retro compatibility, maybe an MVP can bring this to someone's attention on his contact list, these games NEED to be 360 compatible, how big exactly is an emulation update?  512kB?  I know it's not very much, takes 1-2 sec to download usually, get on it!!!...:-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Some of the things I really enjoyed in the two KotOR games were the worlds you were able to visit, especially in the first game. The atmosphere of Korriban, Kashyyk, Manaan, the Star Forge...pretty much everything. There was nothing I could pinpoint as a negative in either game, except for the content that never made it into the final versions we now have. Even then, I still consider them the best games I've played, especially when it comes to Star Wars. I'm still disappointed in The Old Republic coming out instead of a KotOR 3, though...

Sorry this didn't help.

april 15 2010 they have Killed Xbox LIVE you can try to sign in but sorry xbl is dead they have erased all halo 2 and KOATAR Games, all original titles have no online data Xbox live for original xbox dose not exsist sorry

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes i would love to play those halo 2 and ce again Microsoft says; we will be Killing all original xbox titles along with halo 2 ce and KOTAR or whatever so Xbox Live Dose not exsits No data from halo 2 or any online data left but you can Play KOTAR pc there titles are still up but, However If you connet Your XBox to your pc load any pc halo game or any game really and try to get on halo 2 and sign it it will try to connect

Sorry this didn't help.