Bridged Connection in Hotel- Help!

I currently have a bridged connection with my laptop and xbox.  I am able to connect to Xbox live, no MTU errors.  ISP says no ports are blocked.  I, however, get kicked off xbox live frequently and cannot connect to Black Ops II Multiplayer, as it says "Servers are down", which i know are not.  I tried using an alternate MAC as well and still the same issue occurs.  No connectivity to multiplayer.  I will be in this hotel for months for work so i need to get Xbox live back and running, please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Most WiFi connections at hotels are data limited on an hourly basis. Also, considering that an average hotel has many people using the same connection concurrently, which increases load and ping times, as well as connection speeds. With these three things constantly fluctuating, it is hard to keep a stable enough connection to play online games.

Hotel WiFi is meant for simple tasks such as web browsing, email, and other similar activities. Online gaming requires more bandwidth than can be given at a hotel for a decent experience.

As much as it sucks, there's not way around it. If you have a wireless hotspot provided by Verizon or another wireless data service, it could be better, but not by much.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can they whitelist your MAC address?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, tried that.  Does the same thing as when i used a bridge connection.  Can connect to Xbox live but cannot connect to multiplayer.  im assuming what RealJBlaze is correct and the bandwith here in the hotel isnt exactly for Xbox Live.  Thanks for the answers though.  Might just have to find a solid campaign game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can they open up port 3074 for UDP & TCP, and port 88 for UDP?

Sorry this didn't help.