Brand New Slim AC Power Adapter Overheats In 15 minutes!

For the last few months I have had my ac power adapter nailed to and suspended from the wall with a fan directly on it and after a few consecutive hours of anything from Netflix to a game or a few games will overheat the adapter and cause the red light to turn on. I assumed that even after removing from hot areas and keeping a fan on it and essentially keeping cool as best as possible that perhaps I needed a new one. I purchased a brand new adapter and tried it without the fan. My Xbox shut off because of the power adapter after only 15 minutes. Please help me it makes it's very frustrating to play an limits the places I can place my TV and console. Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You probably have a damaged Adapter, Or your adapter could be receiving to much Power. You can either call Xbox support and send in the console for repair, Or you can take the console to the store that you purchased it from and try to get an exchange.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Capn,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your power adapter.

The power supply used for different consoles in different countries is very specific to help avoid issues with variant voltages and help keep you and your console safe.

Please refer to the Power Supply Information article on the relevant information for your console and region to find out which power supply unit is the right one for you.

If you have recently changed regions, you should be able to look into purchasing the correct Power Supply for your region by contacting your local Phone Support.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.