Brand new 4gb slim wont connect to live out of the box

What Country/State/Province do you live in? U.S. Michigan
Modem brand & model number: N/A
Router brand & model number: Netgear
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired: Both
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2
Things you have tried: Connecting through ethernet, wireless, and directy to the router
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: No Idea
Is NAT Type Open? No Idea
Any Error Codes you encounter: W: 0000- 000B

X: 0000- F001

Y: 00C2- 03E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF- FFFF
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?: Regular Comcast high Speed
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? : Comcast
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? : When i test my connection i get everything fine and fast until the bar between internet and xbox live in which i get 1/3 rd of it then it fails and says theirs a problem with my connection, and that "your console is connected to the internet but cant contact xbox live" blah blah blah. Well i reset my router,modem, and console countless times, i connected by xbox to the modem and shockingly i didnt get a xbox live connection. Right out of the box, when i bought this system ealier today it wouldnt connect during the setup peroid, its really irriating considering i was just playing my old premium white xbox 360 right before and was on live. I cant believe i bought a brand new slim and it wont connect to the internet........ BTW my desktop and laptop work without a problem connected to my router.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

When you connected your router to the modem, did you power down the modem for at least 10 seconds, to restart it? If not, you'll be unable to establish a connection. Also, what exactly does the "blah blah blah" say in the error message? Having that info would help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.