BR-Drive kaput

[1] g) "Warranty Period" for Xbox One means 1 year from the date You purchased it; and for Accessories, means 90 days from the date You purchased it.

Admittedly, I watch something like 3 BR movies a week, but I don’t use the console for gaming much because I’m not that impressed. I like my 360 better. Now - 14 months after purchase the BR-Drive has lost its’ mind to stuttering and grinding :o(  <sniff>

Service Center wants $115 to fix it. Amusing. That’s 25% the value with no guarantees. I’m thinking bail; it’s really not that great of a platform, and my TV UX is actually less than my Xbox 360 which at least was able to provide 1080i. Guess I’ll be watching BR delivered on the PC.

As a long time engineer in hardware & software, I'm disappointed.  Please relay my confidence to the Management.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Kinaye, 

Sorry you're having issues with the drive on your Xbox One. As you stated the grinding noise is a hardware issue. I would request you go to the forum below and submit a repair for your console. Also, as this is a support forum, if you have any concerns about Xbox or it's warranty I would suggest contacting customer service at the link below to resolve issues with service. 

Xbox One Service Center

Xbox Customer Service

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.