Bought Xbox LIVE Gold over a week ago, STILL Silver?!

Hi everyone! I sincerely hope I am posting this in the right section. Apologies if I am not! This is weird and I have never encountered such a problem before since paying for Xbox LIVE Gold starting in 2009. Ok, so I had Gold automatically renewing every month for £5.99 and in February this year it began to decline and resubmit simply because I lost my job, and could not afford to pay. Fair enough, right? I am now getting money back into my bank account only recently. Now, I didn't immediately pay for Gold, and so as a result, whilst I was out, my brother used a 2-Day Gold Trial to play with a couple of his friends on LIVE (he does not have his own Xbox). I knew he would do this, so that's not a problem. Now, on April 21st this month I went to purchase Xbox LIVE Gold for £5.99 again and resume kicking some butt! Unfortunately, this is where the unusual problem began! I went onto the Xbox 360 dashboard -> Account -> Your Memberships and that read as bring "Free" which I knew. I clicked on that, and it brought up the options to either Modify Membership, Change Payment Options or Redeem Code. So far so good. I clicked on "Modify Membership" and it gave me the three options for Gold Subscriptions: 1 month, 3 months or 12 months. I clicked on 1 month, and as I am waiting for the ability to confirm the purchase to load, it quits out of that and comes up with an error reading "Sorry, there was a problem" and it gives me error code 8c210003. I researched that up and Microsoft tells me it is either a problem with my payment method, or that I cannot purchase anything via LIVE with the type of subscription I have. I knew the first one couldn't apply to me as I am trying to buy Gold... So I checked over EVERYTHING relating to my billing information! My VISA, debit card and overall banking details were all up to date and correct. My PayPal details were all up to date and correct. There were no problems with my Microsoft details and everything there as up to date and correct. I double, triple and quadruple checked with several documents I have at home lying around such as bank statements etc. Everything was and is still correct. However, it was suggested that I delete one thing at a time and then re-add it to ensure everything is current. So I did just that: I deleted and re-added my bank details and logged into my bank account online to ensure there were no problems. I deleted and re-added my PayPal details and logged into PayPal to ensure there were no problems. I checked over my Microsoft account and did little things like change my password, check everything like address, mobile number etc. was correct which it was. I decided to try 2 more times on the 21st April to buy Gold. Still came up with the same error. I tried on the 22nd - still the same error. I checked the LIVE status page... There was a problem with the Core services during my attempts to purchase Gold, but they had been sorted and I subsequently tried a FIFTH time, only this time it basically said there was an error with my billing method. I then deleted and re-added everything again. Everything was up to date and correct. There were NO mistakes. Everytime I tried on the dashboard it came up with that either one of the errors I have mentioned. So I tried to do it on this website, and when I clicked on purchase and it said I had Gold, I smiled! My account read "Xbox LIVE Gold - 1 month -renew date: 21/05/14" etc. you get the idea. ONLY TO FIND an hour or two layer and it REVERTS BACK TO SILVER! Want to know what is even better?! I have subsequently been charged like five times for paying for Xbox LIVE Gold on the 21st AND 22nd totalling nearly £30 and today is the 26th and I STILL HAVE SILVER. I have spoken to the official Twitter support, they couldn't do anything and told me to phone support. So I am going to hold off on that and create this thread in the hopes that somebody can bring up my details and help me out. I am unhappy obviously, but I am totally cooperative. Everytime I go to play on LIVE it says that my profile is not allowed. I am confused, angry and shocked that such an unusual occurrence could happen to somebody. I have not seen this problem arise on the Xbox Forums before, which is why I posted this. I hope somebody could help me. Thanks guys and gals -Matthew [MOD REMOVED]

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

The best thing to do is get in touch with phone support. They are the only way to contact the billing department who can help you sort this out. The forums are largely user based, so we have no way of checking your account and making any changes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh really? That's fine Smwutches, I will give them a ring tomorrow. Thank you for replying!

Sorry this didn't help.

United Kingdom right? 0800 587 1102

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there CrookedGamer09 and Master Yelgrid, I think you may want to have a look at the International Xbox Support phone numbers By Clicking here.

I thought you might find the International Xbox Support phone numbers useful, Good luck ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.