bought new console

I bought a new console and I was wondering if I buy DLC will I have access to it on either console? For instance when I bought the new console Star Wars X-Box 360 it came with Lego Star Wars 3, I have it downloaded on that console but why can't I, ( or if I can, please tell me how) access it on my old console? I also have several downloaded games and such on my old console and was hoping I could play them on the new Star Wars console without having to pay for them again of course. I appreciate any answers or advice thank you.         Sean Bergeron

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

@Phantasy - with the way the dashboard works now you only have to download a tag onto a console once and it is there permanently unless you delete it.  You can set it to either require or remember a password for security.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright, first off I would recommend doing a license transfer to the new console.  This will move all the license for the DLC to the new console and they can be accessed by anyone.

This will also remove the content license from your old console and those games will only be able to be accessed by you or by someone else if your gamertag is logged in.

Finally, you can redownload all your previously purchased content from your download history.  Either by clicking this link or on the console by going to Settings then Accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you own 2 consoles then I highly suggest that you load your profile onto a flash drive. If you do so then you will have no issue when switching between consoles and don't have to re-download your profile every time you do. You can re-download any of your old games and have them on both consoles. However you will need to be signed in and online to use it on the console it was not originally downloaded to. I do this quite a bit since I own 3 different 360 systems.

Sorry this didn't help.