Bought new 3 years ago Xbox 360 Arcade and its banned from xbox live for violating terms of service.

I know my Xbox is not modded. The only things ive added to it are the 120GB harddrive,ethernet cable and a wireless network adapter all with the microsoft seal on them so why is my console banned? I would like to know the specifics other than violating terms would like to know what part of the terms. Please resolve this issue for me quickly or atleast tell me the exact reason for it. I hardly play it anymore my little brother does mostly his Gamertag is BloodBath PWNA

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I havent stolen from marketplace and yes they do. A guy by the name of matt munsinger answered this after searching for a while. So they can be unbanned but thank you for your time and insight. Ill just call him. If i send it to microsoft to have them check my xbox to verify my xbox as un modded. Innocents shouldnt suffer for the bad player. I love ms sony has too many problems and nintendos to kiddy

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="NvrKnight"]I havent stolen from marketplace[/quote]It doesn't necessarily have to have been you doing the stealing. Anyone using the console may have.[quote]and yes they do. A guy by the name of matt munsinger answered this after searching for a while.[/quote]The person who said his console was unbanned later retracted that statement...[quote]If i send it to microsoft to have them check my xbox to verify my xbox as un modded.[/quote]The current exploit requires no console hardware modification.

Sorry this didn't help.

Matt Munsinger does not exist, the stories about what he can and has done have changed several times from the person posting the info. Originally his story was Mr Munsinger unbanned his console and unbans consoles regardless of offence. I challenged this asking why we have to agree to the terms of use if this person unbans consoles regardless of offence. I then find today that the person spreading this information has changed his story to say that his console wasn't unbanned. Moreover this person hasn't explained how he managed to find out the name, job title, e-mail address, phone number, extension and hours of business and why no one else has been told of this information by anyone or why this avenue has never been publically offered..

His e-mail address is an unmonitored alias address used to send out automated responses. If he can unban consoles all above board why is it Google searches reveal no discussion about him or his ability prior to yesterday on this site and why do MS persist in pushing the console bans are irreversible line?

Nothing about this guy adds up and the person spreading this information has been evasive under questioning and disappears for extended periods after being challenged.

Sorry this didn't help.

Idc microsoft can ban they should also be able unban. Customer service. Im pretty sure my brother didnt steal from the marketplace hes the only other player. He used a limited edition game code for free maps to battlefield 2

Sorry this didn't help.

The only odd thing i saw downloaded in my profile was a indie game that was free but i didnt download and it couldnt yave been me cuz my live has a password to sign in. I may have been hacked. But idk

Sorry this didn't help.

Im gonna call the number and it wasnt just one person on here it was more than enough to grab my attention. Like i was told it never hurts to try

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't you find it odd that this person is the only person in the building that can only be contacted via text phone? MS use the 800 area code for speaking phone and 866 for text phoning for the hearing impaired. It's a cold hard scam.

Sorry this didn't help.

If this Munslinger person asks for any personal information such as e-mail address and password I would certainly hope you or anyone else will not give it to him. Microsoft will never ask for any of your personal information, why would they as they already have it. If you do decide to ignore this advice then you accept full responsibility of your actions for using an unverified resource.

Console modification is but one reason of many that will result in a console ban. You say you share a console with your brother? I'd go find out what he has been doing on it lately. You may want to check his PC for any third party Xbox 360 modification software as well. If he has that on his PC then chances are he did something to deserve the console ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think those who call are in for a shock. The number Verboten has been throwing around is the same number and extension as support uses in general. I googled that number and then found this post by Jake Blues - http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=28208980 - Now if Mr Munsinger works in a different department and office why is he using the same number and extension as general support?

Sorry this didn't help.