Bought a XBOX 360 USED, need help figuring out what to do next

Hello all, I am new to XBOX 360. I have always owned other consoles, and never owned an XBOX. I bought one on Craigslist, and it comes with a lot of games downloaded onto the hard drive. It is is the newer slim model with 250 gb hard drive. It also has the Kinect.  It also comes with the original owners gamer tag and XBOX live gold that expires in MAY. What I want to do is change all of the billing info and gamertag and Live ID to my own stuff, without losing the games, and without losing the Gold Live. Should I wait until May and then change all of the information over? Can I do it now, and keep Gold Live? Will I ever lose the games by switching gamer tag or Live ID or anything like that? Thanks for any help anyone can give. I am really lost as to what to do here. Thanks!

Scott

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

You would probably need the login-in info before you can do anything. I think it depends on what his payment method was. If he did everything by redeeming codes it may not be necessary,if he used a credit card then he would have to go in to change everything and ttake it off. To be honest it's a bit lame to take over somebody elses accomplishments,I find it to be very rewarding to struggle and earn achievements myself. But the moral lecture aside I hope info I presented help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, I have all of his login info. I don't want all of his accomplishments. I want to start all the games over, but I don't want to lose DLC and all the stuff that he bought. I want to use all the games, with my own ID and gamertag, and build it all up on my own account.

Sorry this didn't help.

sadly the games are linked to the account that bought/downloaded them without it being logged in you would only be able to play them as trials if at all.  and it is also against the terms of use to use somebody elses account.  just wipe the system and start fresh that is the best thing to do, sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="MauveSleet57192"]I bought one on Craigslist, and it comes with a lot of games downloaded onto the hard drive.[/quote]If the games are Games On Demand and were downloaded to the console itself, they should be playable while no profile is logged into the console.[quote]It also comes with the original owners gamer tag and XBOX live gold that expires in MAY.[/quote]Gamertags are non-transferrable as per the Terms of Use.[quote]What I want to do is change all of the billing info and gamertag and Live ID to my own stuff, without losing the games,[/quote]Again, that depends on whether or not the games were downloaded to that console first. If they were, they will play just fine with any gamertag.[quote]and without losing the Gold Live.[/quote]Live Gold is tied to the gamertag, not the console. Gamertags are non-transferrable.

The first three gamertags created on the console receive a free month of Live. The tag has to be created on the console, not on the website, to be eligible for a free month of Gold. All you have to do is decline to pay for Gold during gamertag creation and you'll receive the free month. This assumes that the previous owner did not create three tags already.[quote]Should I wait until May and then change all of the information over?[/quote]You can't change any information over.[quote]Will I ever lose the games by switching gamer tag or Live ID or anything like that?[/quote]The games are bound to the console they are first downloaded to and the gamertag that purchased them. As gamertags are non-transferrable as per the Terms of Use, the games are permanently bound to that specific console. If the console fails, the games go with it.

Sorry this didn't help.