Borderlands 2

Any one know much about it because all I know is that the new character is called the Gunzerker.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

not much else is known, there's a brief teaser trailer and a few screens but not a lot else.  Only real other bit of news is the original 4 from the 1st game will be back as NPCs

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Has anyone else seen the new controller idea on Quirky? www.quirky.com/.../134560

It would make playing it so much better!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SwankYeti843"]

Has anyone else seen the new controller idea on Quirky? www.quirky.com/.../134560

It would make playing it so much better!

[/quote]

Unfortunately not.

That right joystick(?) would seriously affect the stability of left stick movements and would have to be built of some pretty sturdy stuff, or it's coming right off! And what about right stick clicks? Where's that button going? All in all, it seems like a pretty porrly designed controller.

Sigh...I'm still waiting for someone to desighn a controller with a high-speed trackball, instead of a right stick. Potentially faster than a mouse and would still be clickable. C'mon, how hard would that be? :(

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sure there are plenty of materials to make it out of that would be sturdy. I am so sick of that jerky right analog stick. And having to switch back and forth between the stick and the buttons is stupid, an RPG nightmare. At least this design will free the thumb. I am sure that another button would be able to act as the analog stick click.

I think trackballs died in the 90s, but maybe they could use infrared to track the movements? or a special finger cover to track the movements?

I just hope this controller gets made ASAP!  

Sorry this didn't help.

So...how often do you actually play games, that you don't see the inherent issues in trying to use that dinky controller? Your 0GS, silver, no-rep account would suggest not many. Possibly someone just trolling the forum to promote this design?

It simply wouldn't work...the big hand movements required to manipulate that joystick would be uncomfortable and detrimental to the stability of the left side, particularly in situations requiring quick timing. Have you, as a gamer, considered what it would feel like to hold? What position do you hold it in? Vertically? Horizontally? What is that fixed-point movement going to do to your right wrist?

No thanks.

Trackballs may have been virtually abandoned, but if you want anything resembling the speed and potential accuracy of a mouse - on a fixed-chassis gamepad - they'd be the best option. High-speed movement that could be tracked with a small laser...goddamn, yes! I'd go 150 bucks for a controller like that without breaking a sweat.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have played games all of my life. It was the big family thing to do instead of board games, mostly RPGs. I just recently came to the Xbox after playing Borderlands for an entire weekend. Most of my time has been spent on PS systems and Nintendo. I have been playing a lot of catch-up on the system...especially Bioshock and Halo.

I am sorry that you do not approve of my account. I just got out of college and all of my money was spent on a wedding and new games. I also kinda wanted to know what it was like before jumping in. My husband has his Xbox live account and we keep it on so I don't think most things show up. I am not familiar with the live account yet so I am not sure how much of it is public.

I do believe in the design, and I thought that others who might have shared the same frustration in the same games might understand and give feedback to help design a better one. I will pass on your thoughts so that a better controller might be made.

I don't think it would be anymore uncomfortable than a normal controller. I also think it would be a good idea for them to track your movements as discussed earlier.

Maybe you should suggest the idea and Quirky and get feedback from others : )  

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry...I meant laser-tracked trackball. A high DPI laser under a trackball would work just as well as a laser mouse.

Sorry this didn't help.

One thing I don't quite get is how the current Xbox controller hinders RPGs. Borderlands is only an RPG in the loosest terms. It's really a shooter with some character progression. I certainly don't know anyone that has a problem playing...say...Skyrim with this controller, either. How exactly is a wrist-breaking joystick arrangement going to make things faster than the old thumbstick?

Try mimicking the actual movements you're going to have to make. There's no way that's going to be faster than small, precise thumb movements. And I'm still wondering how you'd hold the thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh the stick does not bother me with RPGs, just the shooters. Maybe I just have a screwed up thumb but when I trying to use a scope it just sucks. I don't think I would might playing Skyrim with two twigs tied together. I don't that the intention for the motion to be a much as a joystick. I believe, from the animation, that it is supposed to be a slight movement like that of the stick. I also think that it is supposed to be held like a traditional controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah...now you're actually kidding both of us; not just yourself.

Good luck with that controller.

Sorry this didn't help.