Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is in development at Gearbox Software, Eurogamer understands.

We've heard an announcement from publisher 2K Games will be made soon.

A source close to the game told Eurogamer the Gearbox-developed shooter will release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next year.

Borderlands 2 has been rumoured for months now. In April Borderlands 2 was spotted on a game developer's online CV – sparking speculation that the sequel will be announced at E3 in June.

Following that revelation, Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford told Eurogamer the Duke Nukem Forever developer had every intention of revisiting the Borderlands franchise at some point in the future.

"I can tell you that myself and everyone at Gearbox LOVES Borderlands and we have been absolutely thrilled at the reception it's gotten from our customers and the fact that it's sold over four million units now," he said.

"So you can see that we supported the game like mad with lots of great DLC and you can imagine that we're going to want to do a lot of things with Borderlands in the future.

"But we've only announced what we've announced. If we haven't announced it, it doesn't exist.

"Plans and efforts towards the future always exist with a forward looking studio like Gearbox, of course," he continued, "but brainstorming and blue sky research and development should never be allowed to be construed into a customer promise.

"A customer promise should not be made until that promise becomes sufficiently clear and ready and the commitment is there to deliver upon the promise."

The 2009 co-op fuelled shooter was a hit with critics and gamers, and publisher 2K Games has described a sequel as "a no-brainer". Eurogamer's Borderlands review looted an 8/10.

2K had not responded to Eurogamer at the time of publication.

Article:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-borderlands-2-confirmed-source

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The name 'Borderworlds' was trade marked and banded about a while back, also sure Randy confirmed it in an interview i watched other week.

YEAH Epic Winage

THIS GAME WILL BE EPIC!

cant wait for this

oh good sauce

Best game on the 360 gets an inevitable sequel. Sweet. Rage will fill the apocolyptic FPS void for the time being then.....

see i just couldn't get in to to... well thats a lie..i did like it at first...but now..i'm up to a point , i'm level 15 i think... and the missions i have to do are just impossible... there's one where I have to collect shock crystals for example and there's about a million alpha skags in the cave, about a million bada$$ alpha skags.... a load of bada$$ human characters.... any weapon i'm using, even critical hits, aren't even denting them... if anyone could offer advice i'd be grateful!!

Borderlands 2 is confirmed to be in development by 2K. Article is on Kotaku.

Yo Butters (sorry), there will always be a mission at your current level somewhere in the wastelands. You see thats the beauty of Borderlands - you can make it as easy or as difficult as you want. Trying to take on a mission 2 or 3+ levels higher then your current spec will lead to frustration as the enemies can be brutal and your weapons barely cause flesh wounds, try mission below your current level is far too easy and result in a lack of challenge. I always tried to play missions at my current level during my first playthrough....don't give up!!!

[quote user="Butters Yo"]

see i just couldn't get in to to... well thats a lie..i did like it at first...but now..i'm up to a point , i'm level 15 i think... and the missions i have to do are just impossible... there's one where I have to collect shock crystals for example and there's about a million alpha skags in the cave, about a million bada$ alpha skags.... a load of bada$ human characters.... any weapon i'm using, even critical hits, aren't even denting them... if anyone could offer advice i'd be grateful!!

[/quote]Find a pal to help, especially if they are of a higher level than you. You will rank up much quicker that way. Or re-run a previous few missions to rank up a bit more.