Booted Offline

Hello xbox community, I have been booted offline constantly by players in BO2 League play and Gamebattles. This is a federal offense and I am tired of it, so today I'm taking action. I've already called xbox support and am in a chat with an xbox live administrator.

The players gamertag is [Mod Removed]

I expect him to be banned soon as he has done this in 20+ games just today. He is clearly a serious booter and needs to be stopped. Thank you Xbox community :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You'll need to file a complaint through the Xbox console.  Calling people out in the forums doesn't accomplish anything, and just means mods have to edit posts they needn't have.  Sorry to hear that was happening, though.  That's kind of a mood killer.  File the complaint, block the player, all that good stuff.

Okay but the person I'm chatting with from the microsoft team told me to do this.

[quote user="HG Magh"]Okay but the person I'm chatting with from the microsoft team told me to do this.[/quote]Unfortunately support remain woefully ignorant of the forum rules and continually direct people to 'report' here when it is more likely to get the poster suspended from the forum than it is the other person from LIVE.

Most agents wouldn't refer situations like this to the forums.  They know how to walk customers through filing complaints.  A small number of them may direct to the forums due to a misunderstanding regarding the Policy Enforcement Team's presence in the Account Suspension forum (for asking questions about one's own suspended account, not for trying to get others suspended).  But there's no need to paint a picture of them all being "woefully ignorant".  That's just unnecessary.

HG Magh hey there :)

Being booted offline sounds like a DoS attack to me and if this is a regular occurrence, my advice would be to check this page out (HERE). Especially if it ever gets to a point were you are unable to log back onto LIVE.

As pointed out above, the best way to deal with this would be to file a complaint against anyone who breaches the ToU / CoC. This will send a report off to the PET (Enforcement Team) and they will make a thorough investigation and take any action necessary once they reach a conclusion.

Past that, you will also want to go ahead and Block, Mute and Avoid these sorts of players, in this order:

1: Mute the user(s)

2: Avoid the user(s)

3: Block the user(s)

This will prevent any further communication and make it extremely less likely that you are placed in an online game with them again, from there on out. This would obviously have a rebound effect on your ability to play gamebattles if you were pit against blocked / avoided users, and that would be best taken up with the guys who run the show over there through the dispute system maybe.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Not trying to be that guy, but I've muted, avoided and blocked people before and been matched up with them many times afterwards. But you don't get messages from them, or hear them anymore, so I guess it kinda works.

Hi MG Magh

My best advice would be to avoid them as they are just trying to be some sort of cyber bully,

the best thing to do is go and find some honest people who will except you to play along with them and best of all don't let them take the fun of gaming away from you and go enjoy yourself.

Thank you.

NATO

The only problem with all of this is that he just boots anyone he goes against for free wins. Me avoiding him does nothing.

If you have proof he is doing this in your video vault you can try sending it to trayarch and let there moderators look into it, if he is in breach of their terms he may be banned from their servers.

or hope a member of the xblpet team is online to witness it.

[quote user="I No Way I"]

Not trying to be that guy, but I've muted, avoided and blocked people before and been matched up with them many times afterwards. But you don't get messages from them, or hear them anymore, so I guess it kinda works.

[/quote]

Yeah, there's no 100% guarantee that you wont be pit up against an avoided player, It just makes it less likely. If your playing an older game that doesn't have as many people online, and an avoided player is playing that same game, your likely to find yourself in the same lobby. In theory anyway :)