booted me offline

hi my gamertag is tour drifty and i was in a pub match when a guy wanted to verse me in a private match when he won i muted him because he bragged and boasted when his friend told me to un mute him he said he was gonna boot me offline and did for 1 day my internet has been down since now because of him and my mom wants to know he gets the proper punishment  he and his friends gamertags are tanqtv and im leedle

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry but you aren't allowed to call out other tags on the forums.  You'll need to use the dashboard reporting tools to report them.

As for what happened to you.  It's called a DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) attack and is illegal in most countries.  You can let your local authorities know as well as contact your isp provider.  They'll issue you a new IP address so you can get back online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you believe a user is abusing Xbox LIVE you should report them as soon as possible www.xbox.com/.../abuse  

If you are having difficulties with your internet connection, you should contact your ISP.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.