Bluray play back issues

Anybody else notice when playing bluray discs on xboxone the picture alternates between letterbox and full screen during movies.  Anyone know how to sort this.  

Cheers 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey No1 CrazyHorse

-

I haven't seen alternating between letterbox and full screen - that is an odd one!  Can you post more details about your setup  though?  What type of TV?  Are you HDMI to TV or passing through a receiver? Do you use HDMI all the way or optical for audio?  What movie?

-

The BluRay app received an update last week, did you receive that update?  should be in your notifications list (xbox show notificatoins) - i'd also recommend from my experience to disable 24hz unless you have a tv that does 24hz natively (48hz / 72hz plasma or a 120hz set with 5:5:5, 3:2 pulldown is painful to watch on most consumer sets).  Have you also tried disabling the BD+ features and see if that corrects the issue?

-

Lastly, sometimes it just seems if something failed to work, it seems to be stuck in that state and the best way to start clean is a full power cycle. Hold your finger on XB1 logo for 8-10 seconds to power down, wait 30 seconds, power back on and try again - you should see the Green XB1 logo on this full reboot vs the resume. Do this especially if you haven't done a full reboot since last bluray app update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Haven't noticed a bluray update my TV is a 46 inch Samsung smart 3d and it's connected via hdmi only straight into the TV its on game mode as this was recommended via the calibration section on xboxone.  I was watching a bluray film the dark night rises and whilst watching it  out would jump between letterbox (black on bottom and top of picture) and full screen.  

Sorry this didn't help.

CrazyHorse,  Don't forget your X! surprisingly in this day and age ridicoulsly doesn't support 3d. That's 3D via BluRay or passthru such as for Direct TV 3D  channels.

Sorry this didn't help.