Bluetooth Problems

Hey I just recently purchased a Microsoft(I know) Bluetooth for my xbox so I could live chat with my friends while we play, but for some reason they can only hear me half of the time. I can hear them just fine, its fully charged, and I'm no where near being out of range for the xbox to pick up. If anyone can tell me how to resolve the issue, that would be great, or I'm just gunna take it back and exchange it under its warrenty for a headset.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Xero Gravity. I think that the problem isn't in your Xbox communication device but in your internet connection. Try testing your connection to Xbox Live and visit this link for more information on how to fix this. If you think that this is not the problem feel free to message me.

You can hear everyone else fine, so your internet connection isn't a factor. Exchange the headset, as it's likely just faulty. If the problem persists, then there may be another device interfering with it.

It can be the Upstream on internet connection being slowed while playing online & affecting returned voice from OP's headset... VOIP has that problem...

It can also be Bluetooth interference, from mobile phones or other Bluetooth devices too... Bluetooth, still has two data streams & the headsets return signal, might be weak from interference etc..

Sounds like the headset may be faulty. Also, the Xbox does not have Bluetooth radios and uses its own proprietary format for the wireless controllers and headsets.

I have the same headset and have not experienced those issues, so an exchange might be worth looking into.

Xbox does have Bluetooth connectivity & the videos at the bottom of the links page helps with certain issues too..

www.xbox.com/.../Xbox360WirelessHeadsetWithBluetooth

No it does not, the *headset* does but not the Xbox.

"Easily switch from Xbox to Bluetooth mode to answer calls"

You have to switch between the modes because the 360 does not have a BT radio. ;)

I was thinking about the USB connected docking station etc.. The Headset, is still using the 2.4GHz Controller WiFi frequency & can be interupted or not work as well, if the controller battery is low too.....  If the controller cuts off, the headset should too..

Wrong, you do not need the controller on for the headset to work.

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-bluetooth-wireless-headset

"A controller is not required for the headset to work with the console."

The headset is assigned a position on the ring of light around the console’s power button. Each connected controller is assigned to one of four positions, and each controller can have an associated headset.

What's your point?

The point is the the headset acts independent from the controller. The headset connects directly to the console rather than relying on going through the controller first.

The only point of associating the headset to the controller is so that the voice comes from the gamertag that is associated with the controller.