bluetooth headset + gears controller not syncing

hello

i have perched the xbox 360 bluetooth headset the other day and have got it to work correctly with my older controller .

But the problem is with my gears of war edition controller when trying to sync the headset will be set to player one on the ring of lights and when i turn on the gears of war controller it pushes the headset to player two position and the headset wont let me cycle through to player one where the controller is.

not having this problem with my older pad

is there a know fault with the gears of war edition controller syncing with the bluetooth headset   

any advice on how to sync it to the gears of war pad

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Is the microphone socket on your controller blocked by anything or has a previous wired microphone lead snapped while in the controller? The reason I ask this is because any wired microphone will not let a wireless microphone connect to the controllers player number. If it looks clear, start up an Xbox Live party and check if it says a microphone is connected without turning on your wireless microphone, if it says a microphone is connected then there's the issue. If it's possible I would return it to the retailer you bought it from for an exchange.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Heya! Sorry to hear you are having problems.

To reassign your headset to the appropriate controller simply press the headset’s connect or power button to advance to the position that you want. For example, to change a headset assigned to position 1 to position 3, press the connect or power button twice.

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-bluetooth-wireless-headset

Regards

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.