BLUE TOOTH DOSE NOT CONNECT TO CONTROLLER

I HAVE A WHITE XBOX CONTROLLER AND THE BLACK BLUETOOTH. tHE CONTROLLER and blue tooth connects well to xbox .but connecting the blue tooth and controller together do not work.when the controller number is one the blue tooth skips over then goes straight to number 2

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Good day...

I hate to say it but this is an old issue that creeps up once in a while.

This has happened to me and actually happened this past week on H4 Launch day.

The issue stems from the original (usually) White controllers but more importantly the controllers that came bundled up with the console its self.

From this time forth "Controller" will be represented by the letter "C" and "Headset" will be represented by the letter "H".

So you are saying White "C" shows #1 and "H" shows #2, or #3. or #4, or back to #2?

If you put the "C" on #2, would it be safe to say "H" would go on either #3, #4, #1, then back to #3?

The only "FIX" if you can call it that would to be use another controller that didn't come from a console bundle. I know this isn't the fix or answer you wanted to hear but that's the best I have. Its the only thing that has worked for me. The downside is you have to buy another controller. I work(ed) in a game studio, and we had this issue all the time. Its very hard (and frustrating) to test consoles and games with all the peripherals if you get a controller that has this issue... I feel your pain & frustration.

As far as I know (haven't tested it in a while) but all the new controllers don't have this problem. Only the ones that came with a console have this problem.

Again, Sorry if this wasn't a "fix" per say but at least you have some answers.

Apache. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I always recomended turning the console on first with the power button, leave the controller OFF. Then sync the headset FIRST so it grabs the first position. Once that is complete shut down the 360. Now press the guide button on the controller to boot the 360 backup, then turn on and try the heaset. Both should be on the first light quadrant. Hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.