Blue Screen on a new Xbox 360S

Hello everyone,

This is the first gaming console I've ever had so I am a total n00b at it. But, after about 10 to 15 minutes when playing a game massive horizontal distortion occurs which will sometimes correct but will often lead to a blue screen. In the background I can hear the game continuing and controller is vibrating. Sometimes after a minute or two the game will pop back up right where I left on and continue on fine. Other times the blue screen is terminal, requiring reboot.

There is no established pattern as to how long it takes this to occur. I have occasionally gone 30 minutes or so just to have this occur at the main menu. The 360 is in an entertainment center, in a horizontal configuration. There is about a foot and a half of clear space behind it and about two and a half to three inches of room above it.

From what I have read so far it would appear to me that I need to have this on top of the entertainment center in a vertical configuration. Would that be the consensus? It was also suggested that I try a different HDMI cable. Input would be appreciated. (just got this last Monday).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It was an overheating issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.