Blu-Rays dont work!

Ive tried everything, all of the hard resets, reinstalling the blu-ray app, and trying a variety media sources. For some reason blu-rays and dvds do not play. Xbox one games play no problem at all but i simply get an "eject and try again" message when i try to watch blu-rays. What's the fix? And is anyone else having this problem - any help is appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the issue! If you console is continuing to experience issues playing Blu-ray discs, I recommend running through the steps listed in our How to troubleshoot problems playing a disc on your Xbox One console page for some helpful steps. If the issue continues to occur after trying the listed steps, I recommend requesting a repair for your Xbox One console. You can request a repair through our Online Service center. If you run into any issues setting up a repair, reach out to phone or chat support from our Contact Us page for further assistance. Feel free to post back after trying the listed steps to let us know how everything went. Thanks!

Hey xPhoenixTearsx!

I went ahead and replied to your other thread here. When you get a chance, please check out my post. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have experienced this problem with my Xbox one since shortly after buying it. Some Blu-Rays work, other new discs do not. I reported this in March of 2014 while the system was still under warranty and went through troubleshooting. It appeared to fix the issue. Soon afterward it started happening again.

I contacted support again and they had me go through troubleshooting again only this time it did not fix the issue. I was able to put the disc giving me trouble into my first edition PS3 and it worked with no issues. I tried it in my other blu-ray player and it worked there also.

Support stated they would report the issue related to this specific title disc, and there should be a software download to fix it in the future, They also told me my console was fine and did not need repair.

At this time the system was still under warranty. Since that time I have been watching movies mostly via on demand. I did pick up the Halo Nightfall Movie and decided to watch it,

When I put it in my Xbox One I had the same issue, "Cannot read disc". I put it in my aforementioned PS3 and it worked fine. Here we have a brand new movie from Microsoft Studios that does not work in their equipment.

I contacted support again, and after extensive trouble shooting and resetting the system back to defaults, it still did not work. and I found that several others did not work either. At this time my system was one month out of warranty and they told me I would need to pay $115 to send it in and have it repaired.

Since they assured me while it was still under warranty that it did not need it, and now they say it does for the same issue I had been contacting them for all along, I can only say, if it is under warranty, demand they take it back and fix it.

I posted this information before and they have deleted all my posts. This one will probably suffer the same fate. Since it appears they do not want this information out there, I will have no option but to post it on as many forums as I can find for the Xbox One.

Oh and I have removed my auto pay for Xbox live on my accounts. (Several). I cannot pay to play to a company that has such shoddy customer support as I was shown in this instance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue for me, games won t read either. Also system crashes and left thumb stick drifts up non stop. 8 year customer and I am thinking of switching to ps4. This system is junk.

Sorry this didn't help.