Blu ray reader died?

I'm in the preview program, so I've had the latest OS for a couple of days now, during it I got the dreaded "Do you own this game" error; last night I was trying to see if it was fixed, basically my x1 didn't read any games (tried with Titanfall and Ryse), I tried a Music CD and it played just fine, then tried a couple of blu ray movies and they played just fine, tried the games again and they didn't play at all. I got a "we can't play this disc" message.

This morning I tested it again with CDs and DVDs, they play just fine, I tried the same blu ray movies from yesterday and they didn't work, tried the same games and they don't work either.

What should I do? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi Hot Daniel,

I would try the following,

Sign out from Live,  insert disc.  Does it work?  If it does it somehow related to your Live Account.

Else I would start with the basic hard power off the console (5 Second hold on the power button)

and wait a couple of minutes.

If that STILL dosen't work, i would do the last option available in my mind at least;  Factory Reset.

And if you're still unable to play any games, I would call MS Support since you might need a replacement One console.

Lemmie know how it goes!

Br,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Acid,

I tried putting in the disc without signing in, it didn't work either.

I want to try resetting the box to factory settings, but how do I back up my save states?

Thanks for your help

Sorry this didn't help.

The saves states SHOULD be saved in the cloud automatically ... with emphasis on "should".

If you can navigate yourself to the game data you might see it there somewhere.

Else it might be a gamble.

Br,

Sorry this didn't help.

This was an error with the Preview Update that was supposedly fix, but really make sure you do a hard reset (after the power brick turns an amber color, unplug it for 30 seconds before turning it back on, this clears the cache for sure).

All of your saves are saved on the cloud, so if you do decide to do a factory reset, everything will still be there. This also means if you go over to someone else's house with an Xbox One, you can retrieve your saves and play from there.

In the future, post this question on the preview forums: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you don't have permission to view this (will probably say Group not found), request permission here: forums.xbox.com/.../4585.aspx

If you don't have permission to view that, private message Mister Fizzle (live.xbox.com/.../Profile).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Beacon, I did post it there, but everyone was like "nope, that's hardware failure".

I didn't try the reset to factory, because everyone on the preview forums was advised to send it in for repairs; currently my xbox is in a box waiting for the UPS guys to come pick it up.

Sorry this didn't help.

THD,

If its already on the way, don't bother bro :)

Br,

Sorry this didn't help.

Qp you never mentioned the do you own this game error you said you had issues for over two weeks not being able to play disks at all just to let you we do read other forums

Sorry this didn't help.