Blows out cold air, smell of burning plastic

Plugged my 360 back in after having it unplugged from my system due to hurricane Irene, now when I try to start it the 360 blows out cold air and smells of burning plastic, is this the end of my console? Would I have to go buy a new one? I've had my first 360 break and was sent a refurbished model, but that now appears broken.

It's a shame since 85% of my title lineup is on 360 (10% PC, 5% Ps3) and I'd hate to go out and buy a brand new model especially on my low income (0$)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 81 Applies to:

Smelling of burning plastic is never a good thing.

I'd call Support, explain the situation, and see what they can do for you Call Us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It might have been the standard smell in the back of the 360, I never sniffed it before yesterday... it smelt kinda oceany, or more like chlorine from a pool and I've had DVD cases smell like that too, so it might just be a plastic-e smell I never bothered to sniff in the first place.  Maybe the reason it blows cool air is because it's been unplugged and out of an air conditioned environment and suddenly its plugged in.   I think I'll run it for a little bit, see if it starts blowing out hot air or how it deals with a game ( preferably a bad game in case it ruins the disc ) since I didn't bother to run it for more than a few seconds.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, DEFINITELY call phone support about that issue, just to be sure.

Sorry this didn't help.