Bloody Blu Ray Player.

I have problems while watching some of my blu rays. The picture lags at some parts and usually, about half way through the picture freezes and becomes a bunch of big pixels of colours or streaks of purple and blue. Sort of like lightening going through the picture. The audio also cuts out and sounds like small screechs.  Does anybody else have this problem? Its not my movies. They are unscratched and play perfectly on my ps3.  Very unimpressed after paying almost $600. Not to mention the disc not even being read sometimes I need to remove it and put it back in for the console to read that there is a disc inside.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I do not have this problem.  Try uninstalling the BluRay app, then With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5-8 seconds until it shuts off.  Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot.  You should see the green splash screen upon reboot.  It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.  If you did not see the green Xbox splash screen, please redo it. Then re install the BluRay app and try it.  Let us know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, Ill give it a shot. Just put in battlefield four. It made a loud buzzing sound for a second or two and now it says to insert disc. But the disc is already in it.  Im starting to think the disc reader is faulty. Like I said though, Ill try your suggestion.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems to have worked. But now my disc wont read. I had to re insert it 3 times for it to read. Both times before it made 4. 1 second buzzing sounds. Now I tried putting in a game, wont read, makes no noise. Eject it, insert, made 3 buzzing noises and wont read. 3rd time, makes the regular reading disc noise and works... Wtf microsoft...how is this next gen? Id be out of a job if I kept making crap everytime I finish a project.

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your optical disc drive is faulty and you might have to replace your console.

Sorry this didn't help.