Block apps?

Is there a way to block certain apps on my xbox?

Specifically Internet Explorer?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 769 Applies to:

No not really, is this for a child account? Because you can turn their ability to use it off, but as far as removing the actual app no. As long as it's not installed it should only be seen in the Apps Hub.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok. I wish there was a way to completely remove it. Like, not even have the ability to install IE. And yes, it's because of safety concerns for children. Currently the IE in xbox has no filters, so they can access any website.

Sorry this didn't help.

Beware....even if it is a child account and IE is blocked, there is another  free app called Daily Motion that a child can click on and download even if it is a child account with all parental controls and blocks in place. If you don't know, because I didn't, Daily Motion is like Youtube. I have called xbox and posted on the forums to try to find a solution. It just seems like common sense if you, as a parent, have control over  a child account and you block no explicit content and no unrated content, and just about everything else you can block...that is what you should get. I have no problem with adults or older kids whose parents are okay with it being able to access whatever they want. Having said that though, if xbox promises a family friendly environment with great parental controls that allows me to decide what my child can or cannot watch, then by gosh, there should NOT be a free app that pops up on a childs account that they can download and then watch with absolutely no passcode required. So BEWARE! Internet explorer is not the only thing you have to watch out for in order to protect your children.

Sorry this didn't help.

Kimberlu, what do you mean "turn their ability to use it off"? Is there a way to block specific apps?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Itchy,

There isn't a way to block specific apps. The most secure way to filter apps would be to have the account pass codec protected so that your child would need you to sign them in to access content.

If you just make a pass code for content on the account, some apps will be blocked and some will not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Xbox 360 software developers need to enable parents the ability to block all downloads. The parent controls on the Xbox 360 are incomplete with big gaps in protecting our kids from inappropriate content. I just spent two hours trying to block the ability of downloading apps on the Xbox360 and it is not possible at this time 1/2/2015. Comment: If I disconnect the internet connection completely this solves the issue but that defeats the social interaction between friends while playing games.

Sorry this didn't help.