blank screen when hdmi is connected

so i recently bought a brand new hdmi cable from gamestop for my xbox 360. i get a blank screen from the tv when i connected the hdmi to the xbox. the hdmi cable works perfectly fine with the my dvd player but can't seem to work with my 360. and i've tried it on another 360 and still no luck. plus i also tried the y and rt thing and still nothing and also the blind test thing that doesn't seem to be working either. i'm frustrated and don't know what else to do. all i want to do is play my games in high def, so please help. Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

heres a link that may help... if not there is also a link to start the repair process on the page.  support.xbox.com/.../image-on   let us know if this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

u said u tried the HDMI cable from gamestop on another xbox 360 and still did not work,  U can try any other HDMI cable u have to test it out,  or return HDMI cable for exchange,  also try a different input on your TV,  also maybe try to switch the video settings , like display discovery, on your xbox   try both on and off and a few other settings.  Last what TV model do u have.

Sorry this didn't help.

i've also used different hdmi cables, still doesn't work. and @capricasicks that link is broken and i have pioneer plasma display model pdp-4214hd

Sorry this didn't help.

okay sorry about the bad link this one i double checked support.xbox.com/.../image-on-your-tv-is-unclear

Sorry this didn't help.

it lookes like that tv looks at the HDMI input as like a DVI with seperate audio, so the only thing that can work with that port,  is the xbox vga adapter,  it has the audio and the vga plug,  then get a VGA to HDMI adapter,  then the TV will see it as computer resoultion , 1920x1080i - 720x480p- 1280x720P  720(1440)x480i - also some settings on those pioneer - u have to preenable the HDMI port in settings on tv and set the settings to specfic resoultion,  - so try the XBOX 360 VGA cable , also the

VGA -www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4

HDMI connecter www.amazon.com/.../B002TUC64W

u can buy them at gamestop , best buy, or online, but dont buy third party,  also if u go to local store and buy it , try it out , and open the package clean - that way if it is not work , u can return within 30 days

also , pull up the guide for your tv and look through one more time and check if some settings have to be enabled or disabled,  http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/290938192PDP42A3HD_US_0420.pdf

also try to set xbox to 720P before hookin up to your main tv

Sorry this didn't help.