Blank Screen / Inactivity

For the most part, my console has worked flawlessly. I had it on for about 6-7 hours yesterday, games installed, voice commands worked, etc.. Before bed I turned it off with my voice. Then I realized it shut my cable off so I tried to turn it back on. The "Xbox on" command did not work period. I hit the touch button on the front and it turned white as if it was on, same with controller and power supply. No picture though. The picture was all black with shades of white and grays on it fading it and out. I sat there for about 10 minutes, then tried to turn it off. Hit the touch button on the front and it wouldn't turn off, just beep. Tried holding the button on the controller, still nothing. I ejected the disc that was in and that worked. Tried to press long on the front touch button to turn off and nothing. After about 5 minutes it just turned off by itself. I let it go for about 5-10 minutes, then turned it on and it worked and booted up. I went to netflix to watch a movie as I fell asleep. Woke up and it was still on. So I guess my questions are...

1) Has anyone has issues with a blank screen on a working xbox? Maybe this was a one time thing, but it kind of scares me.

2) Is there a sleep timer for your xbox? I made sure to check turn off after 1 hour of inactivity. Yet I woke up and it was still on and just chilling on the netflix app. Does this inactivity setting work with cable? I don't want to leave this on all night every night just to watch tv.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Anything?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Iroc,

Sorry for the late response but we have been working as fast as we could to assist everyone we can to get them back to gaming. Is it still giving you a blank screen or is it doing it randomly? As of right now there isn't a sleep mode but doesn't mean in the future it wont have one on there. I know personally I would love one too!

Anyway, reach back and let us know what you find to help troubleshoot more for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.