Black Screen Of Death?

I'm having problems with my daughters Xbox One,the green logo comes up when its switched on but then the screen goes black. I have tried power cycling it but to no avail. I have noticed though that if the power brick is unplugged from the console the light goes orange, but when I plug it back in it goes white as though the Xbox is on but the front light does not come on. Its not set to Instant on mode so that cant be the problem and I have tried it on my power brick but the same thing happens. The console is not in the Preview Programme so it cant be that either.

I'm in the process of downloading the Zip file to try and update it offline to see if that helps. Is this likely to fix it or will I have to send the console off for repair as its still under warranty.

Any help greatly appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Ok so the offline update is freezing 3/4 of the way through applying the update,looks like its getting sent back for repair. Not happy,got one upset little girl!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So after 3 hours of trying I finally got it to work. If it happens again then its going back to the shop for a replacement and not being sent for repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

So the offline update worked? If not, how where you able to get it to work?

This would be good for those who are also having the same problem as you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yh I am also having this same problem as of yesterday, I try to play on my xbox one everyday but this week Iv had 3 or 4 consecutively days off as I have been back on the 360 playing GTA, I tried turning the xbox one on yesterday with the controller, it started up but stayed loading the green xbox one screen then my controller started flashing as if it wasnt syncd, the screen then went black after about 5mins and the controller continued to search and turn off.  I turned off the xbox via the button on the front and tried again a further 5 times, similar issues eveytime, the controller didnt power it up everytime, I had to press the front button it made a ding but no change to the screen, I dont kno what to do to fix it, iv had no issues in the past, couldnt afford insurance at the time as I bought 2 xbox ones, any successful help from anyone whos had the same problem would be gratefully appreciated

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same exact problem just now, but while i was waiting for the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool to download, I decided to power cycle my xbox one more time, but the last time I left it off for about 5 mins. After turning it back on it decided that it finally wanted to work. You guys could try that, good luck :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Had to do the Offline factory reset,took 12 attempts! And had to re download all the games again,luckily I dont have a data usage cap with my ISP or I would have been after compensation!

Sorry this didn't help.