Black Screen of Death?

I am a preview member and am in the beta for the NXOE. I was watching TV and my screen suddenly went black and my Xbox one turned off. Upon restart, the green boot screen shows up just fine and then it just goes to a black screen. It will respond to a limited number of kinect voice commands such as "xbox turn off" and "xbox on" and those show up on the screen. Because those commands show up on the screen, I know it isn't an issue with the TV or the HDMI. Also, sometimes it shows the message: "You need to install the game or app for this" I have tried the following and nothing has worked:

Hard Restart: Held the white console button for 15 seconds

Really Hard Restart: Unplugged it for 60 seconds and restarted

New HDMI Cable: Cable works just fine with laptop and TV checks out. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 100 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there! To minimize confusion because troubleshooting may be different for preview updates than regular versions, you'll want to post this, and everything else preview related in the preview forums (forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx). This will also ensure that the proper team sees your post and can help you out. Also, make sure you look at the list of known issues to see if there is a workaround.

If you haven't already, be sure to report any issues via the preview app on your console, so that all relevant data gets reported to Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.