Black Screen Of Death

I was in the middle of playing Mortal Kombat X going up a living tower when suddently my Xbox starting slowing down and freezing every few seconds. So I do what any one would do I shut it down to restart my Xbox. I start my Xbox back up power comes on, controller turns on, black TV screen. I wait and wait and wait still black. So I hard restart my Xbox still nothing. I have tried every way I could find to restart the Xbox, I even had Microsoft contact me and all that it's coming down to is me having to pay over $100 to send in my Xbox so hopefully they can fix it. I find this kind of offensive seeing as it's their product and buggy software that made this happen in the first place. I would understand if I broke it but that's not the case. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do I would be more then appreciative to hear them,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there! The first thing you will want to check is that your cables are firmly seated. Hold down the Xbox logo on the front of your console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Unplug all cables from the back of the console, and unplug your HDMI cable from your TV. Plug the HDMI cable back in to the TV and Xbox, making sure it is firmly seated, but wait 2 minutes to plug the power cable back in. This will clear the system cache while you're at it.

If it still doesn't work, you may want to try the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool (support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool). I would run the regular tool first, and if that doesn't work, do the factory reset from that page.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.