Black screen = No compensation

First off, let me just say, in the day I was able to use my Xbox one, it was great and had no major issues.  Sunday morning I went to turn it on, got the green Xbox One screen I've come to enjoy, followed by the darn black hole.  I tried everything to fix it, nothing worked.  I called support and after a 3 hour wait time, they said they will replace the unit.  Only problem is they can't get it to me until first week of December. I understand, it's the holidays.  Then I asked well what about some form of compensation.  I was then informed of this exact response. ""We are not offering compensation, the user has to understand this is a launch product and there runs the chance there could be issues." Really? I wasn't asking for the world in form of compensation, mainly just my Xbox Live time back.  I also asked about expedited shipping, nothing they could do.  Sorry had to vent but that just seemed like an A hole response.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Fellow Ambassador.

So MS doesn't give compensation for things. They really never have. Totally understand you're frustrated, but the reality is things do happen, it happened with PS4, happened with Xbox 360, Happened with PS3, Happened with Wii. It's just the reality of a launch product. It's frustrating for sure, and if my One didn't work I'd be upset as well..

That said, I hope to see you gaming a couple weeks! Sorry the first one didn't work out.

Also as this is not a current console issue, and you're issue is resolved. Please use all comments / feedback about experiences in the General Discussion.

forums.xbox.com/.../3817.aspx

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Support said to me (once), they'll give me a free card for xbox live gold

Still waiting my console and my compensation

Sorry this didn't help.

*** happens, there are worse off people than you who will be heart broken

think of all the consoles purchased with defects that are going to be given as christmas gifts, when they dont work it will surely ruin the day, at least you have had the time to get a fully working console sent to you and i think the service microsoft provide is fantastic.

My xbox one didnt work at all from the word go and they are sending me a new one in 3 to 5 working days which is pretty bloody neat comparing if i wanted to swap it in my local store i would be put on a 3 week waiting list.

end of the day, crap happens and you have to just get angry, poop and get over it.

Sorry this didn't help.