Black screen flashing on xbox one

With frequency during games or watching something such as youtube the screen goes black and no audio for about 5 seconds. It is very annoying and disrupts rather mostly hardcore gamers. I'm sure this can be resolved in an update of the xbox one system. Microsoft please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

This sounds more or less like a hardware issue, try another hdmi if you haven't already.. Also check out your warranty at myservice.xbox.com     also make sure your plugged into a wall outlet and not a power strip

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried on 4 different HDMI inputs. Unfortunately the warranty period has expired. I also have the Xbox 360 that has never given problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

This has started recently on my unit as well. I have changed all the HDMI cables, checked power cord. Done hard resets, tried all options of resolution.  This acts exactly like a video driver crash that recovers. I can not figure this out, I have put a fan near the unit, lowered the ac to make sure it's not a heat issue.  I have had to send my console in for repair twice since I bought it. Not very happy and not sure if I want to go through that again.

Any ideas?  I really do not want to reset the unit to factory and start all over.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem to. I had a refurbished one that did it so I paid the difference for a new one and it still happened! It usually only happens when I have it snapped though rarely ever full screen.

ɅΙЯΙΚ

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the black screen issues! If the issue is continuing to occur, please make sure to try the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't already:

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
  • Once your console has powered off, unplug the power cord and the HDMI cable.
  • Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console and HDMI cable.
  • Power on your console and check to see if the issue is continuing.

If the issue continues, I also recommend trying a different HDMI and plugging your console into a different TV if possible. If the issue persists after trying your console with a different HDMI cable and TV please let us know the following information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
  • Are you participating in the Preview Program?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Where does the black screen flashing issue occur? (In-game, on the Dashboard ect)

Give the suggested steps a try and be sure to let us know the requested information. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.