black sceen

i turned on my xbox 360 slim started to play fifa 13 after 5 minuets the screen went black i rebooted the console and the same thing happened again rebooted console for the third time and left it on the dashboard and same thing this happens every time i turn it on after searching the Internet for answers it seems like my xbox is toast my question is this is now my 4th console since launch day that i have bought that i have all had issues with. do you think you might actually make a console that doesn't need replacing when the warranty's just expired

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Do you have a slim? if you do, it shuts off automatically to prevent overheating. If your xbox isn't hot you may have a problem with your video cable or TV. Try a different tv with a different video cable. Finally, you may have a GPU problem and your xbox needs to be repaired.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

1. Check to see if your console gets hot. Hotter than you would think. It may be shutting down on purpose, a safety feature. If it is, make sure there is plenty of clearance on all sides, off the floor/carpet/confined space/etc. It may be needing more ventilation.

2. Check to make sure all cables are secure and are working. Possibly swap out videos cables for another pair.

3. Contact Xbox Support for an RMA and have the console repaired/replaced. Even if it's out of warranty, call them and see what they have to say. Tell them what is happening and that you think your console is restarting because it's overheating, assuming what I wrote in #1 is occurring.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

It very well could be the console becoming faulty unfortunately but reading your statement about FIFA 13, maybe its a corrupt save file within the game. Before panicking thinking its the console, try checking your memory device for corruption under your FIFA game saves. Also try clearing the memory cache. If it still persists try this game or any other without a memory device in. This will determine if it's the console or the hdd. Concerning thing I read over these comments is one of two things. If the console is over heating there is typically a message letting the user know it's about to auto shut off before it actually does. Same goes when it reboots, new or old there will be a message suggesting how to avoid an over heating, this is a long standing message from an update years ago (meaning of doesn't matter if it's a classic or S series console). Secondly if it's general hardware a red light would appear in the power button. This simply does not go away with a reboot typically. But then again you made no mention of a red light issue. Lastly, it could be an issue with the game itself or disc itself. Meaning if the disc has a defect or is dirty it could be the culprit. Also if there is a bug with FIFA 13 entirely it could be something either isolated or wide spread that could be fixed with a future title update. Bottom line, don't panic. Try what I suggested and get back to me.

Sorry this didn't help.