Black Ops - Cheat Codes??

Is it me or does alot of people seem to think there is some cheating going on in Black Ops Multiplayer?

I mean I can unload an entire clip into someone and they turn and shoot me once and I'm down, like WTF not to mention some that
walk across claymores no problems, I understand there is some options out there for better armour/etc., but come on really?  

Do these mysterious cheats exist for Black Ops Multiplayer that are making it not a fun game to play anymore?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Down,right,up(2x)Y,B,A,RB - Unlock every gun in the MP. That's all i can think of.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, people can and do cheat. I don't know about cheat codes, but some people hack their Xbox to run scripts, or alter the game itself. It's lame and pathetic that people feel that they need to cheat at an Xbox game which is not played for any reason other than to provide enjoyment to players. Cheaters are insecure small minded people who have to conquer people in an online game to feel good about themselves since they are failures in their real life.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can't even play TOB: Team Fortress 2 anymore without running into modded game. For some other games, it's out of control.

Luckily, most dev's nowadays have anti-cheating measures in place and banhammers a-swinging.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys thanks for the reply, I in one way never wanted it to be confirmed but appreciate knowing it, man it sucks @@@ when these guys do this crap and ruin gaming, real unfair advantage.  I appreciate all the replies, great weekend guys!

Sorry this didn't help.

I dunno.  Was playing a match on Black Ops a week ago.  Was pretty blitzed.  I play mercenary tdm.  Got killed.  Watched the replay.  Thought I saw some script on the screen that included the word "hacking" but could be wrong; maybe its just part of the "hacker" perk.  I dunno.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hacking goes on, having read through the forums on the c.o.d. website these things are NOT supposed to happen. Apparently jtagged xboxes are supposed to kick the owners out of gameplay after ten minutes but i know a ew people with them who can play online on Black Ops all night long, there is also a website where you can can download something that you plug into your xbox ( how this works i have no idea, i am so much the technosaur that i can just about send an email!!!) and change the way the game is loaded/played, i enjoy a good game of Black Ops as much as the next person but to be honest i would like to find the idiots that ruin it for everyone else!!!! if you read through the other threads regarding cheating you will constantly read people shouting out for video proof, well i learned to use the theatre option and every time i think that someone is cheating i go straight to it after the match and lo and behold there is no video or half a friggin match is missing, videos are pulled from theatre if there has been cheating going on or not fully recorded i'm guessing that there is someway to block the recording process to protect the cheaters, i would like to know how clean gamers are supposed to protect themslves i mean how long before we come up against people that steal points just like they did in M.W and M.W.2 ???

Thanks for reading my rant!!!  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it’s very sad that cheating goes on. However in Black Ops, why did the developer include the cheat codes in the first place. In Red Dead Redemption it clearly says that you can unlock cheat codes for certain things, like having more ammo, etc. There’s also a warning that says if you unlock a cheat code, ALL Achievements will be turned off. Now if you decide to play sort of “full strength”, it will be to just play the game, but you won’t gain any gamer score. That would make more sense and make players think twice about activating cheat codes to make the play easier and demotivate those that are “bent” on cheating to ultimately obtain a high gamer score.

The other thing if one suspects cheating is to report them by going to the list of players last played and clicking on the preferred/not preferred player. There you can report a player for various reasons, one of them cheating and violating the Xbox Live Code Agreement – cheating is not allow. It might be a little time consuming, but I’m sure if several people complain, that player will be under the microscopic eye of Xbox Live Enforcement headed by Stephen Toulouse, also known as Stepto, who is the Director of Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement at Microsoft – they have a whole team that monitors that and take it very seriously.

Xbox One X
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Band 2
Zune 120
Zune HD 64 GB
Kinnect Beta Tester
Surface Pro 1
Surface Pro 3
Harman Kardon INVOKE

Sorry this didn't help.

A poor connection or lag can cause what appears to be invincible players. Atleast that is when I experience this fenomina.

Sorry this didn't help.

While cheating definitely happens, its usually a matter of connection. CoD games in particular have severe input lag.

Basically that means that when you see a guy, he may or may not be actually there. To test it out. Watch the killcam next time you unload an entire clip, then count the number of muzzle flares you see from the killcam compared to what you actually shot. I shoot a guy maybe 5 times with a FAL and die, and it turns out that I only shot 1 before I died.

Sorry this didn't help.