Black Ops 2 Microtransactions + Bacon

Activision is bringing microtransactions to Call of Duty: Black Ops II starting today!

-

Personalization Packs

Like dress-up for your favorite weapons. Each themed pack contains a unique weapon camo, three targeting reticles (one each for the Reflex, EO Tech, and ACOG sights), and a custom player Calling Card. All that stuff comes as a set for 160 MS Points.

One notable example: the Bacon Personalization Pack (!) wraps your favorite weapon in the most delicious cured meat known to man. I like that Treyarch has a sense of humor.

-

Nuketown 2025

Folks have been asking me about the pre-order bonus map’s wide availability for some time now, so here it is  and it’s free, so all players can enjoy it together.

-

Nuketown Zombies

If you didn’t get Nuketown Zombies as part of the Hardened or Care Package limited editions of the game, now you can get it as a standalone level for 400 MS Points.

-

Extra Slots Pack

This one’s for the players who requested even more loadouts and/or are fans of Theater Mode. You can now get 10 more Create-a-Class slots (giving you 20 total if you’ve gone all the way up to Prestige Master) and significantly expand your media storage, allowing you to archive 20 more emblems, 32 more films and 40 more screenshots for 160 MS Points.

-

Flags of the World Calling Card Packs

These packs include national flag-themed Calling Cards from countries around the world. Packs are divided by geographical region and costs 80 MS Points per region pack.

-

Nice touch giving nuketown to everyone even though it should be free, i will check it out tonight. I will pass on the bacon though.

x30a. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Flaming Pingu"]

I personally think the season passes are a good idea for dlc like on cod a skyrim  cause you can get the dlc when it's released without having to worry about get the points, however like you say once it starts affecting the game then it will become annoying

However I can't see them saying you can't get further in the game without buying this,

[/quote]

I can't see this either, well if a game/s ever did I'd avoid them completely. Trouble is though like Primo said there will be more and more games that you will get to finish but because you haven't purchased the DLC you won't have had the full experience.

I personally think the season passes are a good idea for dlc like on cod a skyrim  cause you can get the dlc when it's released without having to worry about get the points, however like you say once it starts affecting the game then it will become annoying

However I can't see them saying you can't get further in the game without buying this,

Fair enough if it is just pointless skins etc. it won't affect the game directly.

-

But I'm more worried about the games that need you to pay extra to advance further in the game or get certain upgrades. We are seeing it in the 'free to play' models now, I'm concerned about this coming to consoles where we pay full price for a game, then are expected to pay more and more for upgrades etc.

-

Day one DLC, and season passes are the first signs of it unfortunately. 'Here is the game but if you want the "full" experience' you have to give us more money'.

Your not being conned though, if your happy to pay it then you can, all of these cod ones have absolutely no effect in multiplayer it's just skins for for guns like gears did last year

I can't see where the problem is with gun camos and calling cards

Also with online shooters if you could buy all guns straight off I don't see the problem you get psermenant unlock cons in the game anyway

[quote user="HMS Diamond"]

Don't get mad, all games will be like this soon. Just embrace it because it's the future for games.

[/quote]

It will be if everyone held the same attitude as this!

If people speak up against these poor changes and vote with their wallets, we don't always have to be conned into paying extra because these companies will get the message where it hurts them the most.

Like I said in the other thread, it looks like we will get to a point in the not too distant future where we won't even play these games, just buy the game on release, then pay extra to see the end credits and people say the fun is going from todays games? ;)

Don't get mad, all games will be like this soon. Just embrace it because it's the future for games.

[quote user="Mister BuzzBee"]

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

I dont have a problem with this type of micro-transaction, it's not really any different from buying stuff from the avatar marketplace ie - cosmetic which loads of people do without kicking up a fuss - If it gets like Buzzbee mentioned though ie gameplay advantages, then yeah i'd have a problem

[/quote]

Like I've said mate, I have no problem with these in SP, I personally still woudn't pay out more, for me I buy a game and want to unlock what I can through playing, that's the fun of it but each to their own.

In MP where it gives people what I would class as an unfair advantage then I do have a problem.

You can just see the arguments now whether it be in a future COD, Battlefield etc ... " It took me 2 days of play to unlock that assault rifle at level 40 whilst he just bought the game and paid extra to unlock it straight away" ....  It really is a case ( Well I believe it ) that alot of developers/publishers can't see past the £$ signs flashing past their eyes, of course they are there to earn money, I have absolutely no problem with that but don't start taking even more fun out of the games especially in MP where everyone should have to earn their perks, weapons etc.

[/quote]I agree

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

I dont have a problem with this type of micro-transaction, it's not really any different from buying stuff from the avatar marketplace ie - cosmetic which loads of people do without kicking up a fuss - If it gets like Buzzbee mentioned though ie gameplay advantages, then yeah i'd have a problem

[/quote]

Like I've said mate, I have no problem with these in SP, I personally still woudn't pay out more, for me I buy a game and want to unlock what I can through playing, that's the fun of it but each to their own.

In MP where it gives people what I would class as an unfair advantage then I do have a problem.

You can just see the arguments now whether it be in a future COD, Battlefield etc ... " It took me 2 days of play to unlock that assault rifle at level 40 whilst he just bought the game and paid extra to unlock it straight away" ....  It really is a case ( Well I believe it ) that alot of developers/publishers can't see past the £$ signs flashing past their eyes, of course they are there to earn money, I have absolutely no problem with that but don't start taking even more fun out of the games especially in MP where everyone should have to earn their perks, weapons etc.

It must be a test for the next-cod... I think the sales of these micro-transactions line up whether Modern Warfare 4 probably goes pay-per-minute or something haha. Although I rarely buy rubbish customisation stuff - the skin with all the cash over it was favourite...