Black ops 2 live championship....Did you watch it?

Hello fellow forumites. Im feeling a little tired this morning after staying up to watch the live stream on xbox live last night of the black ops 2 world championships. I had hoped to watch the various stages as the teams progressed through but it was only the final. I say it was only the final but it was edge of your seat watching and went right to the wire. The prize for the competition was $1,000,000 (I think it was $600,000  for 1st place and $400.000 for runners up. I think this highlights how popular gaming has become. Plus the winners have bragging rights to call themselves the best in the world :-) I hope everyone who watched it enjoyed it as much as I did.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I watched the entire weekend competition through twitch.tv. It helped me to get through all the boring weekend jobs I had to do. I feel somewhat foolish though seeing as I am nowhere near the age of the intended audience.

The top prize was $400,000. Second place was $200,000. Third was $120,000. The remaining £280,000 was spread between 4th and 8th.

I caught the last half hour or so,pro gaming.......meh.

It sounds to me like you're old enough to recognize the adage 'many a good tune is played on an old fiddle'. Im 47 myself with 8 grandchildren but gaming has kept me young :-) Thanks for the heads up about twitch.tv. I wanted to watch all the various stages but google let me down :-( Im glad it helped you get through mundaneville.

I saw a little bit. I was surprised by the fact they werent actually all that good. Lots of camping and jumping up in the air to catch people by surprise. 

Them two muppets commentating made me chuckle,trying to ramp up the "excitement".

Watched 5 minutes then got bored.

People going hungry,living on the streets and they give a million dollars to a bunch of sweats playing a poxy video game , tsk.

Naaah call of duty plops doesn't interest me in the slightest. now if there was another street fighter tournament i'd be watching that.

As Akane rightly corrected me to the way the prize money was dished, out each player in the winning clan receieved roughly £75,000. Ive got more of a problem with premier league footballers picking up £200,000 a week!!!

Didnt watch it, watching other people getting all "pro" on a shooty shooty pew pew game...no thanks