Bit of help pls

Haven't been on my Xbox 360 in over 2yrs (sold it), recently signed on to Xboxlive & have noticed that my last achievement unlocks were in May 2015!! Can anybody explain how its happened & could some1 get into my bank details?

PS, all those games below my name, I've never played either.

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

No one here can tell you exactly what happened because there could be a couple of different reasons. If you left your account on a friend's console or there is someone else who uses yours, they could have used it. Or your account could have been compromised.

At this point you should change your password and remove your account from all 360 consoles (live.xbox.com/.../Protection). If you suspect the account has been compromised, you will need to contact support and have them start an unauthorized access investigation. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

You can also check http://commerce.microsoft.com to see if any purchases were made from your account. They would only be able to have your bank details if they signed into that site. The console would only show the last 4 digits of a credit card number if you have it on your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you format your hard drive before selling the console?  Did you leave your account on that hard drive?  If you left your account on the console then perhaps whoever purchased it from you has been using that account.  If you had any billing information tied to that account then they may have had access to your bank details.  Surely though you would have notice activity on your bank statement.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers, nah there has been nothing bought so far, just gonna delete my profile from Xbox & hopefully that will work.

Cheers again.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's no need to delete the profile.  Simply change the email and password for it and then follow the instructions at the link below to remotely require a password on all consoles.

support.xbox.com/.../manage-sign-in-preferences

Sorry this didn't help.