BioWare announces details of upcoming Mass Effect 3 demo!

Buyers of next week's Battlefield 3 have a sci-fi surprise in store, as first run copies of EA's shooter juggernaut also include a code to access Mass Effect 3's recently announced cooperative multiplayer mode. The demo will launch in January, though the actual date is yet to be determined.

For the non-cooperatively inclined, don't fret -- the demo will also include a section of the single-player campaign. Users in every region in which Battlefield 3 is available will have access to the multiplayer portion of the demo, provided they buy Battlefield, that is. It sounds like the single-player portion just might be free to all, regardless of your Battlefield status. You can find more information at the official BioWare forums.

Source: - Clicky!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This quote from the ME3 board says it best for me.

[quote user="Schuey19"]

And my interest in ME3 wains even further.

"Hey shooter fans, wanna check out our new TPS? Yeah it has some dialogue, but we're doing our best to cut all that crap out and make it like the shooters you love!"

What are the odds that the demo is MP.

[/quote]

For some odd reason, the link that I've provided earlier is not working, so there you go! Clicky!

[quote user="voteDC"]

This quote from the ME3 board says it best for me.

[quote user="Schuey19"]

And my interest in ME3 wains even further.
"Hey shooter fans, wanna check out our new TPS? Yeah it has some dialogue, but we're doing our best to cut all that crap out and make it like the shooters you love!"

What are the odds that the demo is MP.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny, that was approximately my line of thinking as well.

'We're making the game more accessible to a wider audience'

'Mass Effect 3 is a great place to start with the trilogy'

'lol we added multiplayer'

'Better with Kinect'

I'm still looking forward to it but not quite as much anymore!

For me, Mass Effect will Remain a SP experience, didnt want any MP on it, and they have verified that you can still complete the main campaign fully without using the tagged on MP elements to it...the game didnt need it, just needed a solid SP campaign to finish the story....I agree with others, the more "evolved" this game becomes the less...must rush out and buy it...i am feeling

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

For me, Mass Effect will Remain a SP experience, didnt want any MP on it, and they have verified that you can still complete the main campaign fully without using the tagged on MP elements to it...the game didnt need it, just needed a solid SP campaign to finish the story....I agree with others, the more "evolved" this game becomes the less...must rush out and buy it...i am feeling

[/quote]

Lets just hope we don't see a thread soon ..... "Skyrim Mutliplayer Announced" ... lol

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

For me, Mass Effect will Remain a SP experience, didnt want any MP on it, and they have verified that you can still complete the main campaign fully without using the tagged on MP elements to it...the game didnt need it, just needed a solid SP campaign to finish the story....I agree with others, the more "evolved" this game becomes the less...must rush out and buy it...i am feeling[/quote]My issue with the multiplayer/co-op is that it lets you 'erase' for want of a better word the mistakes you make as Shepard.

Say for example as Shepard you've made choices that would result in you getting the worst possible ending available. You can undo all that by playing the co-op missions.

And yes I know it is optional but I still find it odd that in the final part of Shepard's story they would find it a good idea to add a feature that lets you undo Shepard's choices.

I was hoping that the demo would allay my fears somewhat but, perhaps I'm looking on the dark side of the situation, that with the demo being available first to people who buy a first person shooter the multiplayer was added in to to enrich the single player but to only appeal to shooter fans.

I agree...the whole point of the story is that you as Shepard, make stories that effect the flow of the story and its outcome..if you can second guess and undo the choices you have made simply by doing some lame "galactic readiness" patch job on locations you have been just makes it all a tad lame