bioshock infinite ending - your views / take ? (obvious spoilers)

whats peoples take on the ending ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

a complete and utter mind mess, but amazing none the less. Did you watch after the credits?

yeah ... and the sopranoes style ending, you dont see inside the crib ?! id love to hear peoples take on it ... seriously.

I haven't read your posts above.

However my thoughts are if you have completed it already the game is too short.

Az

i got it on the monday, you get that engrossed with it you loose track of time ... love to hear your view on it tho when your done AZ !

How long did your play through take? just out of curiosity

It is one of those games that does suck you in...

But a large part of that is because you can't manually save and so you're never really sure if it's safe to exit to the Man Menu!

It's different and fresh in the same way "Dishonoured" was, in fact I could believe the 2 were set in the same Universe.... but it's early doors for me so I might have to avoid this thread until I've gotten to the end.

Az

...... mind you, it does tell you when you're quitting how long it's been since the last autosave... a nice touch I think...

It's certainly an ending that has split opinions: some love it, some hate it. Some find it satisfying, some do not. Some don't get it, others do. Some walk away questioning it, others don't.

------

I finished it up earlier today, and think I've got most of it sorted out in my head. There are plenty of plot holes, which there's always going to be when you play around with things like this, but overall I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed my brief visit to Rapture. The way it was done indicated that Rapture and Columbia are linked by the theory of constants and variables, which is neat.

-------

However, one thing I didn't like so much was how some pretty important plot elements are only found in Voxaphones, like how the twins brought Booker to Columbia because Comstock betrayed them.

@Az, the game isn't short, it took 14 maybe 15 hours on hard, I had some very late night since monday as I enjoyed playing so much.

-

@Ingoish, no you don't but the way I figure it, she is in there.

-

my whole take on it is this *spoilers ahead so be warned*

-

after the baptising (the focal point, another is heads or tails situation, as that represents that time and space needs certain focal points to exist, all Bookers from B pick tales BUT it always ends up heads, always has, always will, always does), there is a 3 way split universe A1,2 etc, B1, 2 etc and C1, 2 etc (the numbers stand for slight differences within that universe)  In A, Booker is baptised, and becomes Comstock, in B, he doesn't, he walks away and becomes the booker (who we play) who gives up his daughter Anna, to Comstock from A because Comstock meets the female Lavine, who helps him create Columbia (hence every time line has a man who makes a city (this is important as it's another focal point) ) but through his use of the tears, he becomes old and sterile. Female Lavine, finally comes another her, which is the Male, so they aren't twins, but the same person but different genders.  They get screwed over by Comstock for knowing the truth of Elizabeth, but as mentioned in a Voxaphone their particles get scarted so they can travel through different universes. They get the Booker from 2, and take him to 1, he forms his on memory for that universe.

-

Now, when they(Elizabeth, and Booker travel to rapture, that is part of universe c (it'll make sense in a minute, promise!) They talk about every man and a city. Here, Booker C never went to the baptism, so he always keeps Anna / Elizabeth, so when they finally travel back into focal point of the baptism, and Booker B needs to stop Cromstock for ever happening, allows himself to drown, hence all the Elizabeths disappearing, as Universe A and B are taken out of the equation, leaving C where he (in my head) find Anna in her cot in the room, and the same Universe as Rapture, because Comstock never met Lavine.

-

I hope that makes sense to everyone, and that is just my take on it.

I really liked the ending, it opens up so many possibilities for future games in the series... looking forward to the DLC now...