Billion Dollar Games

So the "Avengers" joined an elite club when it became one of the few films to take in over $ 1 000 000 000.00 (I think I got my zeros right this time - it should be billion) in profit.

I just wondered if there is an elite list of games that have generated a profit of over 1 billion dollars?

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

neither are the two wii games and i am sure wow is pc only but then again i suppose the are adding all the subscriptions to that 10 bill figure

[/quote]

Alot more Wii consoles have been sold than Xbox 360's.   So generally the big Wii-exclusive games will sell more copies than the big Xbox-exclusive games.  As COD and GTA4 is available on many platforms, more people are able to buy and play it.

And yeh, the reason WoW is so high is down to the subscription figure.

neither are the two wii games and i am sure wow is pc only but then again i suppose the are adding all the subscriptions to that 10 bill figure

[quote user="JRB908"]

I'm surprised that not one Halo title made it onto the list

[/quote]

Halo isn't multiplatform.

I'm surprised that not one Halo title made it onto the list

Oh fair enough if thats the case im surprised GTA and Call of duty also havent hit the billion mark. Surprised.

[quote user="NickWba18"]

so no game has reached a billion in English pounds.Got to say im shocked at that out come.

[/quote]
World of warcraft has

so no game has reached a billion in English pounds.Got to say im shocked at that out come.

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

what would that be in pounds ?

[/quote]

632 Million pounds (Rounded)

632.431065 million British pounds

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

So the "Avengers" joined an elite club when it became one of the few films to take in over $ 1 000 000 000 (I think I got my zeros right this time - it should be billion) in profit.

I just wondered if there is an elite list of games that have generated a profit of over 1 billion dollars?

Az

[/quote]

you got the Zeroes right but I should point out this is a Billion in terms of finance a billion in terms of non US figures does have more zeros but due to the US being the biggest country and all the confusion in the past few years for money terms yes that version is correct even though it is only 1 thousand million really

Also in terms of £

its

£632,431,065

what would that be in pounds ?