Billing Options- A Request

Hello-

I am a college student and cannot always afford renewal when my renewal date comes up. I know right now you can go in and edit your account after you pay to turn off automatic renewal but I think it would be amazing if there was an option to turn automatic renewal off or on when you are clearing another payment.

OR

An option to have renewal, but when your time runs out you just have to a popup on the Xbox or something that says "Your subscription has run out, would you like to renew?" Then you simply click yes and it runs the same payment as last time without you having to go back and adjust your options again, or confirm a 1 month subscription and payment options.

I know you are supposed to be able to renew your subscription through the Xbox but this option has never worked for me. I have always had to get onto my computer to process a new payment and then readjust my settings.

Just some ideas to help streamline the billing system.

Thanks,

Starla

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You get a pop-up on your Xbox 360 about a week or two before expiration and an e-mail (depending on your contact preferences) before your subscription expires, as a reminder.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well this is similar buy a gold membership card when you feel like extending your gold membership because it doesn't auto renew and it's up to you when to buy another gold membership code. Why not try it? Nice idea by the way it would keep credit payments much easier!

Sorry this didn't help.

yes this is already available

you can go prepaid

or buy a cheap subscription from xbox which then you follow the normal business practice of subscription

(continued delivery till you say cancel)

Sorry this didn't help.

You can change your billing options, as well as removing a card from your account, at http://billing.microsoft.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, StarThornhill! You do have the ability to turn off auto renewal at this time. For steps how to do this, check out this support article titled "Cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership" and read the top section titled "Turn off auto renewal".

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions. In addition, if you would like to provide any more feedback about billing I would encourage you to post in this forum: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/133.aspx. Thank you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.