Billing info removal

For a company that is very big and skilled in what they do, sometimes I honestly don't know how Microsoft misses important things that are beneficial for Xbox Live Users. It's that time of the year where I need to renew my 1-year of live. Instead of going all the way to a store and buying a 12-month card, I decided to just get it off the Xbox site to make it quick and easy. Yea as usual dealing with Microsoft stuff in general is a pain in the...

So my problem; I choose the 12 month and decide to check it out with my Paypal. I buy a lot of thing online, from many different websites and every time I checkout with Paypal I am redirected to a Paypal page where I enter in my Paypal account password, and review my order and click checkout. But I guess Microsoft doesn't believe in safety all you have to do is click buy and confirm and your done. No redirection to Paypal for you to enter your password or anything. Pretty stupid...No?

Anyway second problem, after I purchase my 12-month I turn auto renewal off because I don't Microsoft automatically taking money for live once it ends. So I go to payment information and go to remove my Paypal account just to be safe, oh but wait as you guessed it nothing with Microsoft is easy and I get a error message saying...

"This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Go to the Payment method information page to view services associated with this payment option."

My question is why can't I delete my Paypal, because Microsoft provides no security for it, and I already paid full for my 12 month so why does it matter? I'm tired of being nice to Microsoft because everytime I've tried to do something it feels like the system was created by idiots.

Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The security is upto you

Only you should supervise all who has access to your account clearly stated in the terms of use

For info why you cannot remove PayPal it is simple read the terms of use

While you have a billing account or an active membership on a payment method it must be replaced or wait till the membership expires and is off the payment method

Like all services you should read their terms for billing

Psn plus also has similar terms along with wow even PayPal for certain subscriptions services like auctions and buyer protection Once your membership is finished you can remove the payment method Or you can call support and remove the payment method by asking for a prepaid code for the remaining time which will be sent in 4 business days

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's under section 6 you must keep your payment info upto date while you are using billing options

Sorry this didn't help.

forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx

Also you can protect your profile by following those instructions or set passcode on your profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, LOL JA JA JA. It sounds like you've had a difficult time managing payment options -- very sorry for the inconvenience. Have you taken a look at this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../153161.aspx? It should help shed light on the process.

There are two reasons you may not be able to remove billing information. 1) If you have an automatically renewing Gold membership then a valid payment method needs to be attached to the account. 2) If there is an outstanding balance. You can double check the status of your account here: https://billing.microsoft.com. I would recommend calling phone support for your region to get this sorted out.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.